• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Atlas Mini Forge - ready to ship w/ new burner

By request, the Atlas Mini Forge. What I hope is the best portable forge you'll ever find.
$240 + $15 shipping flat rate in the US. Will not ship to Canada!

2" rear opening
9" tool rest
5" heavy channel for the base
Max temp of 2350° F using the new burner
Pre-treated with ITC-100
0-20 PSI adjustable regulator w/ 4' hose and quick connect for 20lb. tanks
304 Stainless steel burner produces approximately 30,000 BTU
600+ BTU per cubic inch, hot enough to forge weld!
Includes forge, adjustable sliding tool rest, 0-20 PSI regulator w/ hose, stainless steel burner

flyer.jpg

Last edited:
what is the inside deminsions an what is the inside made of ceramic or wool?
thanks

The inside diameter is 2½" by 10" long. It uses Babcock Wilcox K-23 firebricks and has a light coating of Rutland 3000° refractory with an even lighter coating of ITC-100 on that. Front plate is removable for easy replacement if the bricks ever need replaced.

That is really sweet, Zaph!

Is the regulation pretty good?

I'm thinking this could be a really economical HT solution for many smaller volume makers, if so. About 17-20 blades worth to pay for itself depending on batch sizes and shipping is a pretty solid bargain... And propane is purdy cheap.

Got mine in and hooked up, great little forge. I am very pleased with it so far. Didn't have a lot of time to tinker, but I plan to do some more soon.

Would you believe, of all things, I'm out of handles? I got 3 welded up this morning, only to realize that I'm out of handles. I promise I'll get some handles cut this weekend and get some ready by next week.

I'd like one - can you confirm shipping costs for me first?

postal K0K1H0 if it's right around the $60 mark consider one gone.

thanks
Craig

I just noticed that a week after each forge ships to Canada, I get charged an additional $50 by UPS for brokerage fees. If you really want it shipped to CAnada, it's USPS only and much more expensive.

Hi,
Does your forge come all put together?
If not, what is needed to be done, to hook up and use?
Jon

Yes, everything is already welded, installed, painted, and ready to connect to the propane! Mind you, I don't use this faceplate anymore. The new faceplate is stainless steel, as is the burner mount, the toolrest is nicer, and the handle is different.

forge5-1-14thumb.jpg

Charles

Back