AUS8 Leftovers!!

Saw a guy that had a 4" Ti-Lite (AUS-8) on the exchange listed for $65 today. Amazon - $32.

Wow, you guys in the states sure get deals. But then I have to factor in the weaker Canadian dollar, shipping, mark up etc. I just ordered a serrated (no plain edged left), Hold out 1 for a hundred bucks up here. No complaints, it's still half the price of the new version. I almost bit for some XHP, but that will probably start after the AUS8A deals dry up.

Just ordered a serrated Talwar 4-inch for $52.

I think that this will be the last one of these leftovers now.

I've been buying up the AUS8 knives like crazy, with my most recent purchase being the Counter Point 1. Probably going to pick up the 21TTL Talwar when I get paid. You'll not hear me complain about Cold Steel's AUS8 or the overall quality of the knives.

I'm confused. Were you looking for a super steal? These are on ebay all the time for 40-50 bucks. shrug

Nope, was looking for one of the AUS8 ones, before they dry up. Ran through my usual online stores and only found one.

I have been looking for a stonewashed, Aus8, Rajah 2 for awhile. No luck. There must not have been too many produced. There are plenty SW Rajah 3s in circulation.

I've been buying up the AUS8 knives like crazy

Same here. Got a 4" Talwar for $49.83 shipped. A 5.5" Talwar for $73.55. And (another) Recon 1 XL for $63.49.

Of course, when the bargains dry up, so will my CS purchases. But for now its good pickins.

The change from the original bead-blast to stone-washed was a rolling change.

There isn't a way to see it unless it the knife in question is taken out of the package or box and checked.

It isn't marked on the box, as there is no difference in the SKU#.

There are probably still quite a few of the original bead-blasted versions around as "new, old stock" (NOS).

Bead-blasted definitely makes it much easier for the blade to rust.

Just picked up a Voyager 4", partially serrated, for $37 shipped (it was only 30 before shipping/handling).

It was too good of a deal to pass up on.

I found a XL (5.5-inch) Voyager Clip-Point, part-serrated for $35.

Still hoping to find a Mini-Recon 1 Clip-Point for under $60, like the previous Tanto- & Spear-.

Last edited:
Same here. Got a 4" Talwar for $49.83 shipped. A 5.5" Talwar for $73.55. And (another) Recon 1 XL for $63.49.

Of course, when the bargains dry up, so will my CS purchases. But for now its good pickins.

Some nice deals there.

Back