Author puts SAK through serious test!

I've done a lot out camping with this combo. A SAK in the pocket and a real saw in the pack does a lot. The bigger saw greatly lowers the effort in cutting larger diameter wood and the SAK takes care of all other camp chores from opening a can of chill to sharpening some sticks for tent pegs for the tarp.

I just returned the book by Immler to the library this week. Waited a while to get it through an inter-library loan, and there is now again a waiting list for it.

Not a surprise, because it is a most interesting book. :thumbsup: There is a lot of beautiful outdoor photography, and the projects he does with his "pocket-size workshop" are close to amazing! It would be cool to have the opportunity to take one of his workshops....of course, with nature and the great outdoors being in Switzerland!:D

A worthwhile read.
Bozhidar

I was scout in my youth and I thus used a SAK often to cut the wood, eat, screw, pierce, open conjoint boxes, build tables, chairs etc.... Since I always have a Swiss army knife in the pocket (Wenger, Victorinox, Swiza) and I became a collector (I have approximately 150 Swiss army knives at the moment). I also offer Swiss army knives to my family and my friends, it is the useful present which can even save live

I just ordered the book so I'll have something to look forward to this weekend when it arrives. I'm always up for a good book and now it covers one of my favorite topics.

I have carried a Vic Tinker and a Centurion for many years and never leave the house without one of them (or both). I have never broken anything on any Victorinx knife but I never do dumb things with knives. The tweezers are awfully nice to have for splinters.

9A78C9E2-55C3-4384-B01D-56C7C2EA1C89.jpeg 37492651-AA6E-4F83-83A2-FED0D8104108.jpeg The Titanium custom SAKs allow blade swapping and/or replacing. They also hold up to abuse and corrosive environments. The skeletonized handles keep the weight down, and most can be fitted with pocket clips. The 1/4” hex hole lets you run screw driver bits. Some have a shackle wrench for sailors. The snowboarder model has wrenches for bindings. Customization allows you to choose your components.

Back