451-0002.jpeg

451-0003.jpeg

451-0006.jpeg

And a model 57 is finally about done. In fiddleback myrtle. Love this one

452-0001.jpeg

452-0003.jpeg

452-0005.jpeg

452-0006.jpeg

more stuff came up while my wife was at work all weekend. this is essentially a copy/paste from the for sale thread.

I've got two here-

First is a Shrike. I haven't managed to get to one of these in quite a while. It's my take on a sharpfinger style.

Overall, she is a stink over 8 1/2 inches long (217mm for people who use inhumane measurement systems), with a blade of 4 3/8 inches or about 107mm

1/8 final thickness at the top, 1084 steel, high convex ground. Satin finish is a "really bright" forge finish. Meaning I pulled most of the "forge" out and went down to 400/600 grit and left a satin look.

Zebrawood for the handle, with 1/8 inch brass pins.

Pointy. And sharp. Serial number is 454

Ranger style sheath has a folded belt loop attached to a horizontal strap. Classy and super strong, no stitching through the body of the sheath.

I'm asking $185, with $7 for the shipping of her. I do all the usual paypal, check, and money order stuff.

thanks for looking!

454-0006.jpg

454-0009.jpg

454-0011.jpg

454-0012.jpg

And this is a neotribal piece I did on a whim- well, one of two. The other one is a half-head knife for my workshop.

So far all I've called it is a NotKiridashi. it's a convex chisel grind, with just a hair polished on the back to relieve the forge finish. Right handed, overall length of 7 3/8 inches with a blade of 2 3/4 inches. Blade is about 1 9/16 broad at the widest point.

Steel is recovered mill bandsaw, full heat treat and temper. Finish is raw forge finish with just some scrubbing and steel wool.

Handle is linen cord. I hand twisted eaver's linen, made 4 2ply cords, and then did a four strand twist. Soaked in linseed oil and cured.

Sheath is a folded pouch with the belt loop stitched on the welt edges. Not dyed, you can see a bit of the mink oil in the thread grooves. It'll buff out - either in time or I can do it with a brush.

number 455 out of the shop.

Asking $165, *shipped*, paypal, checks, money orders, large quantities of biltong all accepted.

thanks for the eyeballs-

455-0001.jpg

455-0002.jpg

455-0003.jpg

455-0005.jpg

keep checking out the massive stickies in the knifemakers' area, too. It only gets better!

Coming soon! Well, as soon as I get it to Sierra and she gets it sheathed. Probably a week or so.

10.5 inch overall small field dirk. 5.5 inch blade. Blued because it looks so freaking good with the caramel micarta. .23 inches thick, full convex, 5160. baton your cow femur!

482-wip-01.jpg

482-wip-02.jpg

482-wip-03.jpg

482-wip-04.jpg

The necker challenge knife is getting ready to go up:

490-02.jpg

490-03.jpg

Knife is serial number 490.

Steel is 1084, nominally 1/8 inch thick. Full oil quench, full oven temper, and a visible differential temper. Grind is convex, fairly high. Sharpening is easiest by loaded strop.

Handle is wenge with blue spacers, stainless tubing pins. Handle is slightly distressed. Wenge has a softer and harder grain structure and can be wire brushed after sanding to provide a variation in the grain for gription.

Overall, on a square, the length is 7 inches.

Blade design is done with a well tipped caping point and a full belly. For me, this works very well for all sorts of tasks, and the blade is broad enough to choke up on. Filework is done along most of the spine for easy thumbramp use.

The sheath is waterformed leather, harness stitched. Sheath is finished with a beeswax boil and should prove to be secure. Due to the nature of the blade shape, you have to be a bit careful until you get used to it with feeling it into the sheath.

The sheath is set up as shipped for vertical- handle up- carry. This is how I prefer to carry. Holes and cordage are provided for adding a retaining section to the belt for armpit carry. Holes are also provided to rig for inverted carry. The neck cord is adjustable. Feel free to rearrange as the testers like- the set up of cordage for a necker is highly personal and I like to provide plenty of options.

Christof, will that go up for sale here in this thread, or elsewhere? What is the price BTW?
Thank you.

Back