• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Form?

Both parties need to learn. The buyer seems to have gotten the point of standing by an I'll take it. Both parties need to learn to not use PayPal gift. It is essentially stealing from PayPal. The seller needs to follow the exchange rules and only post one thread in a day in a single exchange subforum.

Lots to learn around here but once you figure things out, your experience here can be very rewarding.

Both parties need to learn. The buyer seems to have gotten the point of standing by an I'll take it. Both parties need to learn to not use PayPal gift. It is essentially stealing from PayPal. The seller needs to follow the exchange rules and only post one thread in a day in a single exchange subforum.

Lots to learn around here but once you figure things out, your experience here can be very rewarding.

You’re right!

Bad form for both of you (him on the potential welsh, you for even thinking about PayPal FF). At least you realized it the potential hassle upcoming and refunded the money.

Bad form for both of you (him on the potential welsh, you for even thinking about PayPal FF). At least you realized it the potential hassle upcoming and refunded the money.
You’re right. And I did. Thank you.

You need to revise your quote. The member you are quoting did not say what you are attributing to him.

Of the 2 times I have had my bank account cleaned out both times were from hackers exploiting Paypal in which I had my bank account linked. Not to mention all the spam I received in my Email after registering with Paypal. If I can't use cash, gift card, or debit card. I will look elsewhere for my product. If I am going to pay their expensive fees. I sure expect better security and not have my banking info opened to the public.

Of the 2 times I have had my bank account cleaned out both times were from hackers exploiting Paypal in which I had my bank account linked. Not to mention all the spam I received in my Email after registering with Paypal. If I can't use cash, gift card, or debit card. I will look elsewhere for my product. If I am going to pay their expensive fees. I sure expect better security and not have my banking info opened to the public.
Thank you for using the quote option correctly. It really helps in this sub-forum if we can be accurate in what we say.

Thank you for using the quote option correctly. It really helps in this sub-forum if we can be accurate in what we say.
Sorry about that. I hit the wrong option and kinda new to this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Crappy passwords? Been a PP customer for YEARS and have never been hacked or crazily spammed by them or anyone else at my pp addy.

Crappy passwords? Been a PP customer for YEARS and have never been hacked or crazily spammed by them or anyone else at my pp addy.
Hard to tell. My passwords are pretty long and hard to guess. I know many do well with Paypal but some aside for myself have been burnt. I have used my debit card on Amazon and Smokey mtn knife works and even on Ebay for those who accept it for 7 or 8 years and never once had issue. Paypal in past admitted to a security breach a few years ago when I was hacked. I can't chance them anymore.

WHY would you ever use a DEBIT card, online, EVER?? Never, ever, use your debit card if you have the option to use anything else, like a CREDIT card! Go search utube for Frank Abagnale's opinion on Debit vs Credit cards, as a start...
I have not once ever had my debit card hacked in over 8 or 9 years. Only Paypal linked to my bank has ever caused me issue and is why I deleted my paypal account. I will do what works for me and trust my own judgement for now on, instead of going with the next trend be it paypal, bitcoin, Zelle, or whatever. Paypal is not for me and I do not own a credit card as I am of the old school thinking if you can't afford it you simply do not own it.

Last edited:
I have not once ever had my debit card hacked in over 8 or 9 years. Only Paypal linked to my bank has ever caused me issue and is why I deleted my paypal account. I will do what works for me and trust my own judgement for now on, instead of going with the next trend be it paypal, bitcoin, Zelle, or whatever. Paypal is not for me and I do not own a credit card as I am of the old school thinking if you can't afford it you simply do not own it.
Pay Pal aside. When you use a debit card you risk having you bank account cleaned out . You may get it restored, but not easily, and you might not(depending on your financial situation) be able to cover your bills in the process. Use a credit card and you are a phone call away of getting all resolved.

Last edited:
Pay Pal aside. When you use a debit card you risk having you bank account cleaned out . You may get it restored, but not easily, and you might not(depending on your financial situation) be able to cover your bills in the process. Use a credit card and you are a phone call away of getting all resolved.
I simply shop reputable businesses. Problem solved. If I get cleaned out with my current method which has worked fine for 8 or 9 years I will change. Ever hear that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? I only been cleaned out when I trusted the supposedly secure paypal. I do not want a credit card. I also have the option of turning off my card at will to avoid RFID and scammer scams and I have protection in case of fraud. Credit is part of the reason we have a 22 million dollar debt in this country.

Last edited:
I simply shop reputable businesses. Problem solved. If I get cleaned out with my current method which has worked fine for 8 or 9 years I will change. Ever hear that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? I only been cleaned out when I trusted the supposedly secure paypal. I do not want a credit card. That shit is why this country is 22 trillion in debt.
National debt has nothing to do with personal credit cards.
You don't have to go into personal debt using a credit card-just pay it off each month.
But do what you want. I was just trying to save you some financial grief, but it doesn't effect me in any way

National debt has nothing to do with personal credit cards.
You don't have to go into personal debt using a credit card-just pay it off each month.
But do what you want. I was just trying to save you some financial grief, but it doesn't effect me in any way
Thank you sir. I am fine. Btw my apologies for editing too late while you were commenting.

Last edited:
Besides, I know your integrity is worth more to you than ~ .036% of a sale!

Enjoy your time here, lots of good people on BF like you two seem to be!:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Well said, but I think it is roughly 3.6% of the sale rather than 0.036%

I don't like paypal but agree with you on your points, plus, it gets everyone some protection. Worth those few %'s to me.
If it is a lot of $$ I will go through the hassle of a postal MO, or ask for one, in some cases.

Back