Bad news, Brendan -- and a first.

Brendan, you khukuri was returned marked by customs "IMPORT INADMISSABLE". This is the first time I've been busted by Irish Customs. Have the rules changed recently and where do we go from here?

Maybe somebody might have an idea of the problem the khuk was described--if that's OK with Brendan.

Might jog someone's memory about a blade length limit, or fuzzy "tool vs weapon" thing...

I won't be able to help, but others may.

I don't know what's going on in Europe. I got one busted in Denmark last week and now Ireland.

Makes sense...the Brits can't keep automatic weapons out of the hands of the IRA, but they can keep a honest civilian from owning a collectable blade. They do this to make all of us, even the life of one small child, safer.

munk

Guns, knives, sticks, or stones, the only way to eliminate violent crimes is to eliminate violent criminals. I'm all for protecting the rights of the accused, but not the rights of the guilty. Nor do I care to house, feed, and educate them, while honest people go hungry, homeless, and lacking affordable education.
Sorry guys, just had an uncontrollable urge to vent.

I'm sure glad you did vent as you put it. You simply stated the way many people with a bit of common sense feel about many of the laws that are being used against the law abiding citizens of the whole, so called, free world.:mad:

If we don't do something real soon in the good old USA we will be living in a total government dictatorship. As my dearly departed GGrandfather has said many times. The only government that wants the citizens unarmed have reason to fear the people, and are up to no d_mn good.:mad:

Reminds me. Uncle Bill, did my WWII that allegedly was "returned to shipper" by Malaysian Customs back in January ever turn up? I wont be surprised if it hasnt and some customs officer has the khuk hanging on a wall somewhere. Outright theft and not a d@mned thing we can do about it, believe you me...

Andrew Limsk

Ummm...

Brendan's profile says he's in England, not Ireland. Did Uncle mean to say British customs rather than Irish? Or am I as behind with what's going on as usual?

I sent Uncle an e-mail. I recently moved so I think Uncle sent it to my old address.

Brendan

I sent Uncle an e-mail. I recently moved so I think Uncle sent it to my old address.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Brendan, but this may be good news. Maybe the british customs will let it through? good luck:)

Problem is with Nepali shipping staff. They used your old address. They love to do stuff like that. We will reship again today and I'll double check the address myself.

Uncle Bill, describing the khuk as a "Nepalese rose pruner" or a "Himalayan black bear peeler" may just throw those nasty customs men off the scent!

...and yet, one of the most dangerous weapons known to man runs rampant on america's highways and byways---a high-mass, slow-moving projectile that no body armor can stop--The Automobile!

Think of the children!

Heehe

Keith

I'm a window clerk for the USPS in Doylestown PA and I have seen a lot of returns from Europe since a new company (German, I think) took over parcel delivery. They are enforcing prohibitions that were rarely enforced before such as no sewn articles are allowed to be sent to Italy. Many countries have a "no weapons" prohibition so they probably mistook a very usefull tool for a weapon.

no sewn articles are allowed to be sent to Italy

!!!

Zealous enforcement of that one covers a lot of...uh,stuff,like upholstery for instance. Is that only mail and parcel shipping, or all entry? Seems that could make for uncomfortable cars and furniture.

Back