Bali Thread! Lets talk Balisongs!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I have gotten a ton of requests for a Balisong and think it should happen! I'm a very good ways off from doing a run but would like to get the ideas going.

Here is my basic plan... very rough and lots can change. I'm just tossing some ideas up there at the moment.

This is for fun... input is welcome! We can plan for the ultimate Bali!

around .155" thick CPM154 Stainless Blade - Stonewashed Finish

.100"-.125" Titanium Frames with CPM154 Spacers - some of the frames can be milled or drilled

Large Hardware - Stops, Pivots, etc... pivot/screw construction

latch that works open and closed - Ti latch?

Chisel Grind! Large safe area... Saber with swedge per tradition

Large but not crazy huge

Price Point (and this may really change, I haven't priced anything out even...) $275 range

Im in Danny boy. CPM154 isn't one of my top favorite steels, but it's not the worst. I've been falling for D2 and 3V lately. I think you hit a home run with your bali for sure, and this could be a great avenue for you.

1st in! Do it!

Sounds good!

Im in Danny boy. CPM154 isn't one of my top favorite steels, but it's not the worst. I've been falling for D2 and 3V lately. I think you hit a home run with your bali for sure, and this could be a great avenue for you.

The CPM154 I have used so far is beyond impressive with my heat treat, you have to try it! :D

I lean hard to the stainless side (at least as much chromium as D2) for anything that folds because of galvanic corrosion. (which isn't really a big deal) I'm a fan of 3V though, maybe for a few! Input will be a big deciding factor.

Thanks guys!

Great move, Daniel!
I'll be watching all the ideas. My request is just CG. :D
rolf

Oh I am soooooo in! will you put a wave on mine:confused::D Seriously though any chance for a latch?

Great move, Daniel!
I'll be watching all the ideas. My request is just CG. :D
rolf

Thanks! Early... but fun!

Sounds good!

Oh I am soooooo in! will you put a wave on mine:confused::D Seriously though any chance for a latch?

No wave! :D lol Latch in open and closed for sure, I'm thinking a classic Titanium latch and want to research other styles.

Any chance at getting one (or a run) with your tie die anodizing on the handles?

That would be a looker.

No wave! lol Latch in open and closed for sure, I'm thinking a classic Titanium latch and want to research other styles.
I have seen Latches made out of G10 with a steel or Ti pin work well. My vote is for battery powered electromagnets

I personally would want to see more of your folders and no balisongs. I know for a fact that any balisong you make would be awesome but they aren't my thing.

I'm in for one. I prefer mine with regular double grind instead of chisel grind. Also would like one with pocket clip and roller latch for EDC. Can it be possible?

Brad is correct, folders will sell much better than the balisongs.
chintofong- ANYTHING is possible with Fairly Knives.
Rolf

oh, yea.
There's not much this boyee can't do in that 'lil knife shop of his.

Back