Bali Thread! Lets talk Balisongs!

I would be down as well.

I am a huge fan of not only a flipper but a user. Would something with a pocket flip and maybe canted handles be out of the question? CPM 154CM is an excellent all around steel as well.

How about a finger choil on the blade.

Thanks everyone for the input! I have been in the shop a ton and have not had much time to comment. :D

All sounds good and as mentioned these would be a ways off... after I get a lot of Framelocks made. I have started on the CAD design and have a few hours into it so far, just barely worked out as far as handles go but looking good!

We'll have to talk which side the latch should go on... Batangas (bite handle) or Manilla (safe handle) style.

Pivot - likely a standoff style hardened stainless steel pivot with phosphour bronze washers. I'm open to just about anything at this point. With a pivot there are always tradeoffs, I usually lean to strength and use precision to make everything smooth and fast.

Clip - can do on some

Roller Latch - must look into, sounds cool so far!

Thanks again everyone for the input! Keep it coming!

It's quite honestly a little depressing knowing I won't be able to buy one of these haha...but I'll enjoy the pictures!

Daniel, when you say this will be a ways off, how long are you talking? Any time frame is fine with me. I'm just courious.

I would be in for one of these. Tie dye handles, gitd, Batangas latch placement, that wicked blade profile you showed on your first one- chisel is fine. I'd like to see the edges on the handles rounded off. Oh yeah...

I would be in for one of these. Tie dye handles, gitd, Batangas latch placement, that wicked blade profile you showed on your first one- chisel is fine. I'd like to see the edges on the handles rounded off. Oh yeah...

That sounds excellent! tie-dye glow!

I guess Daniel is STILL in da shop.
Sounds good, Matt. ^

Pretty much! I have been in the shop a ton.

Daniel, when you say this will be a ways off, how long are you talking? Any time frame is fine with me. I'm just courious.
I'd like to do a run by early next year.

The more knives I make now... the more I can make then! lol

Vote for batangas.
Sounds good, thanks for the vote!

Yes, as we've discussed Daniel, rounded handles --- and a bit more narrow, not a lot.. maybe 3/8in (at the narrowest by the pins, and tapering wider to 1/2in, or a 1/32in over :)

Deep pin cups. Blade stock thick is good :) 1/4in might be too thick, 3/16in might be purrrrfect :) Overall total length with tang and goodies, 6in is niiiice and big and as long as handle width and blade stock is 3/16in, it won't be cumbersome to some.

I'd like one with milled scales, on the inside.. ano'd inside... evertually :) or first :)

Blade grind and finish kicks ass.. no change wanted there :)

Washers, out of sight completely. Cleaner look.

Latch, yes. On bite handle. Mooooooo.

AWESOME! ok ciao.

I'm in Manilla right now, the weather is beautiful! :D

We're beating out some leafs springs flat... watching out for Cobras... flipping like a mofo! just for practice as these will be high tech! :p

Just kidding as I am out of town but I can't wait to make these happen. 2014 is the year of the folder.

I'm in Manilla right now, the weather is beautiful!

We're beating out some leafs springs flat... watching out for Cobras... flipping like a mofo! just for practice as these will be high tech!
Say hi to Rolf if you see him float by in his bali boat. lol

This has not been forgotten about! I'm still a ways away but will do some Balisongs eventually! :D

Back