Balisong

how awesome would it be if they brought back the smallfly

I've passed on several opportunities recently to buy the Smallfly because I'd rather buy a full sized Spyderfly instead.

So, I would rather see the re-release of the Spyderfly, especially given the ridiculous prices that sellers of the older versions of the Spyderfly are asking for theirs.

I believe you won this post so far

Nah, your idea for a new bali takes it. With the exception of a ball point pen, what elements/blade shape/materials would you want in a new design?

I just love the that there's a pocket clip with these.

Last edited:
I can't carry it, but I want one for the house. :)

Spyderco Housefly?

a0sHcLA.jpg

Please, excuse the tragic edit of this beautiful knife design. I hope it's not blasphemy to do so.

Last edited:
I like the bayonet grind on the small fly . May a little less belly .. also a murdered out smallfly with a high polished edge .. so a medium fly blacked out ... I think they could hit a sweet spot between the smallfly and Spyderfly.

Check this out . Saw this on Facebook from a maker by the name of Guy Conner Lester.. pretty much what I was trying to convey . DA05B217-642F-4F30-AA8D-F34965CEF1BB.jpeg

What about an entire new Balisong

You mean like this one apparently just introduced in Amsterdam? LOL!

Video: Spyderco 2019 Production Sample – BaliYo

The BaliYo is just a toy but I get why Spyderco can't or doesn't want to produce another REAL bali given the legal problems they had producing the Jani-song and SpyderFly in the past.

So, it surprises me that Sal said they were thinking about re-introducing the SmallFly.

Just don't see that happening but I'll be pleased be proven wrong. ;)

Last edited:
Following Spyderco spirit of functionality first, how about a utility blade? FFG, perhaps similar to UKPK or Para 2. Lets introduce balisong as strong knife but for hard work, not as weapon. 3-4.5” range.

On second thought, Police 4 or Native Chief profile may be a better candidate considering the handle cannot be too wide. Remove the hump from blade spine and hole. Benchmade 53 comes to mind, also old Finnish balisong with plastic but ergonomic handle.

Last edited:
Back