Balisong

The pop up on the Exchange and on EB every now and then. You just have to keep looking but be ready to pay handsomely for one.

Yeah, I see them. I am not paying $400 or more dollars for one. Spyderco should just make them in Golden so I can just buy one at regular price.

Yeah, I see them. I am not paying $400 or more dollars for one. Spyderco should just make them in Golden so I can just buy one at regular price.

There's one that was just posted on the Exchange today for $425 here. It's above your limit but you may be able to negotiate a better price.

Not sure if they were ever made at Golden; think the Janisongs were only made in Taiwan. The Spyderflys were made in Golden but after the problems they had w/the Feds doing that, you should NOT expect them to do that ever again.

Last edited:
400$ More like $1,700 brand new from me. Not going to sell it tho. You find a knife collector selling a Jani for $400 BRAND NEW untouched let me know them.

Last edited:
A real Jani is like finding treasure. Takes lots and lots of time and resources unless you get lucky somehow. Bali's/Butterfly knives are not illegal anymore so the problem is the Spyderco dealing with government assholes from the past. Spyderco had to pay lots of money and want nothing to do with that Beautiful knife. That is history and for $400 Ill take a beater. It's a Knife Museum piece. I cant believe you found one truthfully.

Its not even a real flipper (blade bite side closes on itself before it comes over) so the Feds were so wrong. However the judge sided with feds and really busted Spyderco balls. They were forced to denounce the Jani and pay a big big fine! Jani was made in Taiwan but invented by a martial artist and designed in Golden. It's high quality for sure and the design is perfect for what it was made for. Very valuable like my HOM TEMPEST. Good luck finding either now days! Happy searching and ya for $400 not the real deal or really beat up. Keep trying someone out there has one new in Taiwan/England if you can find them. God bless you and the Knife ART collector community!!!

Back