• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

A couple questions from a curious party if you could be so kind.

How recent were the raffles?

How do you think he made out by hosting a raffle to sell a knife? More than a straight sale, less than, or broke even.

Thanks!

the platform for raffles is very strict on pricing. if you post something too high, you will get chewed out or removed, so i would say similar to selling, maybe marginally different if the prices in the raffle market and trading market are slightly misaligned

...my knife is in the mail
I almost cant fathom anybody would write this in all seriousness in a thread such as this.

Its like a scammers cliche to claim anybodys property is in the mail.

Im not saying, Josh is a scammer in this context - he might be gullible though.

His particular knife might or might not be in the mail of course but the phrase is still almost a joke in a thread such as this.

I almost cant fathom anybody would write this in all seriousness in a thread such as this.

Its like a scammers cliche to claim anybodys property is in the mail.

Im not saying, Josh is a scammer in this context - he might be gullible though.

His particular knife might or might not be in the mail of course but the phrase is still almost a joke in a thread such as this.

probably because i've received half a dozen knives from him, and he provided tracking info? don't worry, if you guys are right and i receive a bag of rocks, i will update here lol. logic of receiving a knife instead of money? you can't cancel a knife i already have in hand

DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me.

if anyone had a massdrop falcon stolen, please send screenshots and details, and i will review.

Am i actually obligated to return this knife to whoever claims it?? I very well may return it anyway because again, this lynch mob scares me :( and my user name is my damn name :p. honestly, if i do return it i'm basically having it strong armed from me by mob mentality, so i'm actually curious as to whether i am legally obligated or just "morally" obligated to take the loss myself in someone else on here's favor.

also for background, i'm a reddit user and have received half a dozen knives from him in the past, and have had two charges stopped in this fiasco. this is the second of the two
Yes Josh, if the knife is stolen, legally it would need to be returned to the rightful owner.

Do not take it upon yourself to decide who the rightful owner is, that could be difficult to determine, with the tangled mess that has been wrought.

I would seek legal advice, from a professional, if I were you

the platform for raffles is very strict on pricing. if you post something too high, you will get chewed out or removed, so i would say similar to selling, maybe marginally different if the prices in the raffle market and trading market are slightly misaligned

You forgot the disclaimer - you know the one, you'd put in every post, you wrote in this thread because you are afraid and because you accuse us of being a 'lynch mob':rolleyes:

(Drama much?).

Maybe do without the hyperbole - just a suggestion.

if anyone had a massdrop falcon stolen, please send screenshots and details, and i will review.

Am i actually obligated to return this knife to whoever claims it?? I very well may return it anyway because again, this lynch mob scares me :( and my user name is my damn name :p. honestly, if i do return it i'm basically having it strong armed from me by mob mentality, so i'm actually curious as to whether i am legally obligated or just "morally" obligated to take the loss myself in someone else on here's favor.

also for background, i'm a reddit user and have received half a dozen knives from him in the past, and have had two charges stopped in this fiasco. this is the second of the two

Yes Josh, if the knife is stolen, legally it would need to be returned to the rightful owner.

Do not take it upon yourself to decide who the rightful owner is, that could be difficult to determine, with the tangled mess that has been wrought.

I would seek legal advice, from a professional, if I were you

legal advice from a professional, on a $110-120 knife, i'll probably pass...

DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me. if anyone lost a massdrop falcon contact me and have proof ready please

You forgot the disclaimer - you know the one, you'd put in every post, you wrote in this thread because you are afraid and because you accuse us of being a 'lynch mob':rolleyes:

(Drama much?).

Maybe do without the hyperbole - just a suggestion.

damn it, now i'm gonna get lynched

Sir
Your only obligation is to yourself

Do you want to "own" someone else's knife?

Do you understand you shouldn't want stolen property?

Do you understand that in this forum 99% of us work things out with honor , we don't strong arm?

If your here to stand up for a thief, pity, go away please

If your here to be a part of the forum and a solution, welcome

Sir
Your only obligation is to yourself

Do you want to "own" someone else's knife?

Do you understand you shouldn't want stolen property?

Do you understand that in this forum 99% of us work things out with honor , we don't strong arm?

If your here to stand up for a thief, pity, go away please

If your here to be a part of the forum and a solution, welcome

you clearly didn't read anything i wrote before you replied. i'm offering to return it but i'm curious if its because moral reasons or i was obligated anyway.

the lynch mob mentality is strong here. you guys are crapping on a guy who game to update the thread with a current real life update to the situation. then you're crapping on him again for offering to return the knife

legal advice from a professional, on a $110-120 knife, i'll probably pass...

DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me. if anyone lost a massdrop falcon contact me and have proof ready please

A professional could include someone that works on law enforcement, a district attorney, etc

You got yourself in this mess tbh, when you decided to take the knife instead of the money he owed you.

I tried to be help, carry on

probably because i've received half a dozen knives from him, and he provided tracking info? don't worry, if you guys are right and i receive a bag of rocks, i will update here lol. logic of receiving a knife instead of money? you can't cancel a knife i already have in hand

Was it your suggestion or Heath's to treat the knife as compensation instead of cash?

Was it your suggestion or Heath's to treat the knife as compensation instead of cash?

mine. he said he'd get the money to me in a couple days, so i asked him what he had coming up for raffle or sale, struck a deal and had tracking info in 12 hours

A professional could include someone that works on law enforcement, a district attorney, etc

You got yourself in this mess tbh, when you decided to take the knife instead of the money he owed you.

I tried to be help, carry on

did you not ready my comments or my disclaimer? the one in the comment you're replying to?? i'm offering to return it without law enforcement getting involved. everyone is attacking me first completely ignoring the fact that i'm offering to return the knife :D

did you not ready my comments or my disclaimer? the one in the comment you're replying to?? i'm offering to return it without law enforcement getting involved. everyone is attacking me first completely ignoring the fact that i'm offering to return the knife :D

Not attacking you Josh I was trying to help you protect yourself. You seem to have a hidden agenda. Carry on

Not attacking you Josh I was trying to help you protect yourself. You seem to have a hidden agenda. Carry on

there is no hidden agenda. if you had your falcon stolen, please stand up. if he owes you money, keep contacting him because he responded to me. that is all

A couple questions from a curious party if you could be so kind.

How recent were the raffles?

How do you think he made out by hosting a raffle to sell a knife? More than a straight sale, less than, or broke even.

Thanks!
How were they? Nothing out of the ordinary. I have no idea how he did financially, too many unknown variables. I do know that all the pieces were priced accordingly for their desirability and condition. Nothing stuck out as unusual to me, and I am known to be brutal with call outs.

How were they? Nothing out of the ordinary. I have no idea how he did financially, too many unknown variables. I do know that all the pieces were priced accordingly for their desirability and condition. Nothing stuck out as unusual to me, and I am known to be brutal with call outs.

Thanks.

I think my understanding of the how raffle worked was a little off. I assumed that someone would pay $10 or so for a chance to win (hence my question ) but it seems that you just enter for free to buy the item for a previously set amount. Correct?

Thanks.

I think my understanding of the how raffle worked was a little off. I assumed that someone would pay $10 or so for a chance to win (hence my question ) but it seems that you just enter for free to buy the item for a previously set amount. Correct?

No, you buy entries. I won't link to it, but you don't have to be a member to view the subreddit.

No, you buy entries. I won't link to it, but you don't have to be a member to view the subreddit.

Thank you. Ill have to check it out because i am now a bit confused. The two others said that the prices are set accordingly and relatively fair, yet the way you paint it makes it seem that someone could make $1000 off a regular PM 2 if enough people bought into the raffle.

Back