• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Thank you. Ill have to check it out because i am now a bit confused. The two others said that the prices are set accordingly and relatively fair, yet the way you paint it makes it seem that someone could make $1000 off a regular PM 2 if enough people bought into the raffle.

There is a set number of entries. So, if the person running the raffle decides $150 is a fair value, they can create a raffle with 10 spots at $15 a piece (or they can do 15 spots at $10, etc...). Once the spots are filled, a bot selects the winner.

So, back to the topic, Heath isn't really profiting on raffles (unless the knives are stolen).

Thank you. Ill have to check it out because i am now a bit confused. The two others said that the prices are set accordingly and relatively fair, yet the way you paint it makes it seem that someone could make $1000 off a regular PM 2 if enough people bought into the raffle.

number of spots are set. so price is set. raffler can adjust price down only (offer discounts if it's not filling fast enough)

There is a set number of entries. So, if the person running the raffle decides $150 is a fair value, they can create a raffle with 10 spots at $15 a piece (or they can do 15 spots at $10, etc...). Once the spots are filled, a bot selects the winner.

So, back to the topic, Heath isn't really profiting on raffles (unless the knives are stolen).

Correct - unless they are stolen. Going back to the root cause of all these issues is not that this Heath guy got his card hacked; it is because he decided to dispute all the charges - which includes all the legit ones.
This guy put all the people involved in this mess on purpose............. He could have fixed it all right at the beginning by telling the bank which ones were legit. He chose not to.
People are defending this person when he hosed them.
Hmmmm now he is posting all kinds of knives up for auction. How obvious could this be?
At best this heath guy is slimy and doesn't care about what he did to others..............at worse (and more likely) he is a scammer/thief. All you got to do is use common sense. If it walks like a duck ..........it's probably a duck.

Correct - unless they are stolen. Going back to the root cause of all these issues is not that this Heath guy got his card hacked; it is because he decided to dispute all the charges - which includes all the legit ones.
This guy put all the people involved in this mess on purpose............. He could have fixed it all right at the beginning by telling the bank which ones were legit. He chose not to.
People are defending this person when he hosed them.
Hmmmm now he is posting all kinds of knives up for auction. How obvious could this be?
At best this heath guy is slimy and doesn't care about what he did to others..............at worse (and more likely) he is a scammer/thief. All you got to do is use common sense. If it walks like a duck ..........it's probably a duck.

Hope it's clear my post was not in defense of him. My post history is more clear about that. I'm with you on all points, and will add the fact that he shut down communication here is even more damning.

DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me.

if anyone had a massdrop falcon stolen, please send screenshots and details, and i will review.

Am i actually obligated to return this knife to whoever claims it?? I very well may return it anyway because again, this lynch mob scares me :( and my user name is my damn name :p. honestly, if i do return it i'm basically having it strong armed from me by mob mentality, so i'm actually curious as to whether i am legally obligated or just "morally" obligated to take the loss myself in someone else on here's favor.

also for background, i'm a reddit user and have received half a dozen knives from him in the past, and have had two charges stopped in this fiasco. this is the second of the two
Being in possession of stolen property is a crime, no matter how it was acquired.

Thanks.

I think my understanding of the how raffle worked was a little off. I assumed that someone would pay $10 or so for a chance to win (hence my question ) but it seems that you just enter for free to buy the item for a previously set amount. Correct?
Oh no, you buy into the raffle, it's not free. It's just like any other raffle you would see out there in the world. The value of the item is determined by a set of pricing guidelines. That number is typically secondary market value.
Say you have a normal PM2 you want to raffle off. The market value is roughly ~$90-$100 or so, depending on condition etc. So the amount of money collected would be say $100, that amount has to be spread evenly across the number of raffle entries you set. So $100 raffle would typically be 10 entries at $10 per entry. You could do 20 entries at $5 per entry. Whatever works well, and there are different ways to determine that.

It's not like a charity auction/chinese auction where as many tickets can be thrown into a box as you want.

there is no hidden agenda. if you had your falcon stolen, please stand up. if he owes you money, keep contacting him because he responded to me. that is all

DISCLAIMER: this thread has spiraled into full blown lynch mob and i'm kind of afraid to even post here... sooooo let me premise this with I AM NOT TAKING SIDES, NO OPINIONs here, I'm simply writing my update for the sake of the thread. i'm just gonna copy this into every post i write here cus you people scare me. if anyone lost a massdrop falcon contact me and have proof ready please
It’s also good that you are scared, Josh. We deal with so much Trash everyday, that everything you say will be held up to scrutiny.
This isn’t really a lynch mob, given the preponderance of evidence. Members are just frustrated that the con artists are given such free reign on the internet these days.

Being in possession of stolen property is a crime, no matter how it was acquired.
Not in Ohio, which is, I suspect, representative of the law everywhere in the U.S.

But I might have missed a state. In what state is it a crime to merely be in possession of stolen property without knowledge it is stolen?

From experience it tends to be one of those charges that are add-ons if in violation of another ordinance. But usually not charged in of and by itself.

Thomas Linton Thomas Linton
In this case in dealing with H it has become obvious that one should have knowledge of what is going on. The case could be made by D.A. that by dealing with these knives that one should have been aware that they might be stolen property, which would make their possession a crime.

Not in Ohio, which is, I suspect, representative of the law everywhere in the U.S.

But I might have missed a state. In what state is it a crime to merely be in possession of stolen property without knowledge it is stolen?

There is a higher standard than the law, I believe this 99% of this forum know this. The law doesn't demand the attention to detail that is shown here in for sale adds. And that's why most of us are here, that higher standard.

The trust and damages done by balls can do nothing but enrage those affected josh, especially when you tell us " the knifes in the mail"
Shoulda waithed maybe till it arrived before entering this hornets nest.

If you know they are stolen, it can be a felony ($$ amount dependent). This is the offense they nail "fences" with -- receiving or possessing stolen property, It requires proof that the recipient or possessor knew it was stolen or took/kept it with wanton disregard of whether his source(s) had legal title (Kid comes in with $1000s worth of guns/jewelry/collector art. "I didn't ask" won't help much.).

Not boneheaded at all. It's actually not a bad way to pursue pricey knives if you're the gambling type. It does suck that the raffle community is somehow embracing Heath, though.
Yea I got some great pieces from raffling.
I'm not taking sides in this whole situation, though I will put one observation out there. People that know him through raffle related stuff have been affected as well as anyone else, many have large negative balances. The main difference I see has been the lack of 'lynch mob' reaction from that side. I know if it was me I would be more inclined to deal with one side than the other, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not taking sides in this whole situation, though I will put one observation out there. People that know him through raffle related stuff have been affected as well as anyone else, many have large negative balances. The main difference I see has been the lack of 'lynch mob' reaction from that side. I know if it was me I would be more inclined to deal with one side than the other, but that's neither here nor there.

We actually tried to go the positive route, but he failed to do what he promised(or explain why he couldn't), went silent and more and more has come out. I have looked at this from many sides trying to find any scenario that works for him, but just can't come up with any answer other then scammer. If all get paid back, I will concede all got paid back, but I will never deal with him.

If the people over there want to be so gullible - then that is their choice. I can see why the scammer and thief is still doing business there. Scammers love easy marks. Especially mindless ones that still come back for more after they have already been used. The guy let legit transactions get cancelled, says he will do things then he does not, uses stolen knives to do deals with others, and goes dark when exposed. Not to mention the fact that he still owes many people hundreds/thousands of $$$. What a nice guy!

If the people over there want to be so gullible - then that is their choice. I can see why the scammer and thief is still doing business there. Scammers love easy marks. Especially mindless ones that still come back for more after they have already been used. The guy let legit transactions get cancelled, says he will do things then he does not, uses stolen knives to do deals with others, and goes dark when exposed. Not to mention the fact that he still owes many people hundreds/thousands of $$$. What a nice guy!
He's laughing his ass off at those guys right now!

Back