• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

I'm primarily not choosing to get involved in a dumpster fire and offer up opinions publicly.

You seem to be a raging douchebag, in the simplest of terms.

Insulting other members is not what we do here..Discuss the subject and not each other.

I don't understand the mentality of "I was hax0rd"..then I will make this all right..then continue to trade and sell knives without letting people that were affected know what was going on. Your creditors need communication to extend trust. Heath went dark with nary a word while continuing on about his business IIRC..
See where creditors may have a problem with that?

People have been paid back. I don't pry for further details, I'm an observer. I do know that if a legit situation like this happened and I ended up owing into 5 figures to all sorts of people, I wouldn't be able to pay it. Certainly not within 1-2 months, maybe not even 1-2 years, who knows.

Say this was a legit situation that you or I was in, would every one expect to be 'made whole' virtually immediately? Just wondering as my financial interests go flying all over the internet and actual major fraud is always a concern.

For someone who claims not to believe anything you sure seem convinced.

Funny that...

Correct - unless they are stolen. Going back to the root cause of all these issues is not that this Heath guy got his card hacked; it is because he decided to dispute all the charges - which includes all the legit ones.
This guy put all the people involved in this mess on purpose............. He could have fixed it all right at the beginning by telling the bank which ones were legit. He chose not to.
People are defending this person when he hosed them.
Hmmmm now he is posting all kinds of knives up for auction. How obvious could this be?
At best this heath guy is slimy and doesn't care about what he did to others..............at worse (and more likely) he is a scammer/thief. All you got to do is use common sense. If it walks like a duck ..........it's probably a duck.

Gastonknife and others posts got me to thinking and it appears to me that the Thief / Scammer Heath Helton, is now raffling knives to ensure he does not become a victim of his own scam. By using the raffle to sell knives any claim by the Winner / Buyer of having their account hacked would be limited to ONE raffle entry (assuming most people buy just one), substantially less then the full cost of the knife.

Thieves know how thieves operate.

Sorry, I thought your intent was to be snide in the post I quoted. If you were being sincere in your response. I stand corrected.
Ok, we're cool then. I have no reason to be dicky to you and vice versa. It's not as if there aren't other loops I'm involved with discussing this whole saga. Though there are so many variables. This whole thing is a shitshow, and every shit show story has three sides; the two parties involved and then the truth. People get so heated they create bad blood between two people who have nothing at stake in the situation and have no real involvement. Then the vitriol starts to seep out and spill onto other things, like people getting down on other people they know nothing about in the raffle sub. People looking for targets to unload on, I want to minimize my exposure to that.

Apologies for calling you a douchebag.

Insulting other members is not what we do here..Discuss the subject and not each other.

I don't understand the mentality of "I was hax0rd"..then I will make this all right..then continue to trade and sell knives without letting people that were affected know what was going on. Your creditors need communication to extend trust. Heath went dark with nary a word while continuing on about his business IIRC..
See where creditors may have a problem with that?
We cleared it up, I can only take so much passive-aggressive snide <REDACTED> before the only appropriate response is "<REDACTED> you".

I'm keen on observation, I will continue to observe.

Last edited:
Next time you see Heath, ask him why he's not flipping burgers at the Sonic drive in in Kansas any longer.
Never met him, likely never will.

For someone who claims not to believe anything you sure seem convinced.

Funny that...
What am I convinced of? Please elaborate, you seem to have it all figured out.
It was an honest question, it's imagining putting yourself in someone else's shoes; it helps you gain perspective.

Why would anyone stick up for this guy Heath Helton? The guy bought knives through PayPal using his credit card to the sum of $$$ BIG BUCKS. He tells his credit card company that his card got hacked and that he did not make the said charges. It becomes convoluted because of the credit card company and PayPal being two different institutions. PayPal protection for the seller is limited due to Helton using a credit card and the sellers are now out their knives. This POS then tells everyone his credit card was hacked (playing the poor victim) and assures them they will get their money. People believe his story, feel sorry for him (lol) and start buying (stolen) knives from him. Helton now has the knives he stole which he is raffling for 100% profit. In the end Heath Helton will be known world wide in the knife community as a liar and a thief. The only people paid back were given stolen knives! Go ahead and believe otherwise, if you do you are foolish.

We cleared it up, I can only take so much passive-aggressive snide bullshit before the only appropriate response is (REMOVED by mod)

I'm keen on observation, I will continue to observe.

You need to observe the rules on the forum you are participating on. As a family friendly forum, there is only one place this language is acceptable and it's not here.
Try Whine and Cheese. My suggestion is to edit out the language I am speaking of and I will edit it out of my quote of you.
I extend newish members some latitude..please take care of that.

Last edited:
You need to observe the rules on the forum you are participating on. As a family friendly forum, there is only one place this language is acceptable and it's not here.
Try Whine and Cheese. My suggestion is to edit out the language I am speaking of and I will edit it out of my quote of you.
I extend newish members some latitude..please take care of that.
Interesting, I'm surprised that's the first time I swore on here, I will absolutely edit that.
Do members have to be over the legal age to own knives on the forum?

Do you also take the time to ride the plethora of other members who cake on the passive-aggressive shots? Or is it ok to constantly discuss each other, but in a snide and passive manner?

Interesting, I'm surprised that's the first time I swore on here, I will absolutely edit that.
Do members have to be over the legal age to own knives on the forum?

Do you also take the time to ride the plethora of other members who cake on the passive-aggressive shots? Or is it ok to constantly discuss each other, but in a snide and passive manner?

It's not possible for the mods to read every post in every thread. The language is reported and that is what we react to for the most part. That part is directly against the rules.
Don't make this about how old members have to be and drawing some correlation that doesn't exist..It was a verbal request and I was not being snide or otherwise offensive in my request.

I am not riding you, I promise..Passive-aggressive responses are not directly against the rules, but do feel free to hit the triangle in the corner. We can and do often act when we need to. Mostly, it's about discussing the subject of the thread. When it goes sideways and involves name calling or vulgarity? That is when we have to do something.

LQeH3Xx.png

Not sure how to interpret this, but it looks like he is buying or trading knives now. If that is the case, that is screwed up. It's one thing to raffle/sell (hopefully non-stolen) knives in order to pay folks back. Buying new knives or trading knives that should be sold seems extra selfish.

This is straight up wrong...he is still buying/selling/raffling? I bought a knife from him, guy he bought from had his ppal reversed, heath has money from me he could use to pay the guy, stops communicating with me and doesn’t pay original owner or show any proof of his story...it is STEALING

Now I have a knife I don’t want because I know the story of it, no offense to Jake who I’m sure is a stand up guy, but now anyone who says it is their knife makes my paranoia kick in and ask is this a continuation of heath’s scam? This is driving me nuts..

That takes the fear to a sad new level. Fortunately, I do have intimate knowledge of my original knife (or at least plenty of pics with its twin since my buddy and I got two from Josh at the same time)

Edit: although I am not expecting anything from you or anyone, please don’t misunderstand.

It’s also good that you are scared, Josh. We deal with so much Trash everyday, that everything you say will be held up to scrutiny.
This isn’t really a lynch mob, given the preponderance of evidence. Members are just frustrated that the con artists are given such free reign on the internet these days.

i came here to contribute to the thread. i came here to let people know i got a response recently, and cut deal a with him for what was owed to me, so that others who are still out money could try to reach out to him again. then i offered to return the knife to the rightful owner if anyone claimed it. people here are angry and taking it out on a guy who came to help.

If you were owed money, and found out the person who owes you recently "paid" someone back? i sure as hell would like to know.

also, the package was delivered, but i didn't get home til really late last night, so i didn't pick it up from my front desk. i'll update when i get home. let's see if i got a rock or a knife

Just judging from these names, they seem like an intelligent and sophisticated group of enthusiasts.

reddit is a scary place for those who don't know the ropes. having comical and dirty names is the meta in reddit. the knife subs are actually the nicest mannered subreddits i've been on.

It's not possible for the mods to read every post in every thread. The language is reported and that is what we react to for the most part. That part is directly against the rules.
Don't make this about how old members have to be and drawing some correlation that doesn't exist..It was a verbal request and I was not being snide or otherwise offensive in my request.

I am not riding you, I promise..Passive-aggressive responses are not directly against the rules, but do feel free to hit the triangle in the corner. We can and do often act when we need to. Mostly, it's about discussing the subject of the thread. When it goes sideways and involves name calling or vulgarity? That is when we have to do something.
There was no implication with the age question, it was simply a question about policy. I've been around significantly longer than the join date but I never gave the age aspect a thought until you mentioned 'family'. Between my previous stints in these parts and now I've created a family, which makes one considerably more aware of all related facets. Would rather understand the rules prior to facing a ban stick.

Yep, language is fairly straightforward and I fully respect it. Yea mods apparently have lives outside of internet forums (whoda thunk). I've seen some rather aggressive posts/arguments that cross the line into blatant ad hominem, though certain subforums are more heavily moderated than others.

reddit is a scary place for those who don't know the ropes. having comical and dirty names is the meta in reddit. the knife subs are actually the nicest mannered subreddits i've been on.
Reddit is a scary place? From the posts I've seen lately, it was being painted as so much nicer than the viper pit here on BF.

There was no implication with the age question, it was simply a question about policy. I've been around significantly longer than the join date but I never gave the age aspect a thought until you mentioned 'family'. Between my previous stints in these parts and now I've created a family, which makes one considerably more aware of all related facets. Would rather understand the rules prior to facing a ban stick.

Yep, language is fairly straightforward and I fully respect it. Yea mods apparently have lives outside of internet forums (whoda thunk). I've seen some rather aggressive posts/arguments that cross the line into blatant ad hominem, though certain subforums are more heavily moderated than others.

lol nice. this is my safe space now. you cant cuss me out here

Reddit is a scary place? From the posts I've seen lately, it was being painted as so much nicer than the viper pit here on BF.

i mean... it was the home to /r/jailbait /r/fatpepeoplehate so yea, depending on the sub it's scary has hell. but yea the knife subs are very civil. s4mpson s4mpson is the second biggest asshole on the raffle sub. no hate here, he knows i mean it with love

Back