Photos Bark River Crusader "Issues"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the asymetric grind is too severe. It's a very nice knife model, but I'd want a replacement. I get my Bark Rivers from dlttrading and I've never seen any problems like that before. Who was the retailer?

Those issues are completely unacceptable,even as a user. Not at that price.that difference in the grind heights alone is horrible;not to mention all the other imperfections.There are so many other choices for less that would not have any of those issues.What if those jimokees heat treated it the same way they finished it? Bark River chalks up another winner...

I know you are reluctant to out the retailer, but how else does information get disseminated?

I got on a call with them this morning and all they are willing to do is an in-store credit... pretty weak customer service
You could get two good knives for the price of one maybe. Better than one with multiple flaws. Not ideal granted.

I'd be more worried that it is actually 3V... :eek:

Who's the retailer? Those who charge restocking fees are bad enough, but only giving store credit is a bit extreme.

The retailer should have checked the knife before shipping it, it is their fault. Insist. That last picture with the paper sliding between scale and tang is horrific. Did you pay with a credit card? Any chance to sort it out with your bank to help pushing them?

I have two Bark Rivers, expensive by my standards, and far from perfect in several ways.

Mikel

The retailer should have checked the knife before shipping it, it is their fault. Insist. That last picture with the paper sliding between scale and tang is horrific. Did you pay with a credit card? Any chance to sort it out with your bank to help pushing them?

I have two Bark Rivers, expensive by my standards, and far from perfect in several ways.

Mikel
Some banks will reverse the payment if they see unfair or fradulent practice. Especially if there are laws about it in your country. Anything I order online I can return it within 14 days after receiving the item and get a full refund, even without a reason. Those laws only apply to online and telephone orders.

I have the same problem with my Barkies. I fixed it myself, but I won’t be buying a new one for this price point. I don’t accept this finish. Hand made for me is no excuse for a sloppy finish. For me it is a lack of craftsmanship or time and dedication.

I’d send it back.

I would be unhappy with uneven grinds like that. My OCD would be pinging like crazy.

In my opinion, if a business is allowed to skirt the fit and finish, they will keep doing it as long as people keep buying them.

This is really where I'm at with it. Sure, those flaws won't mean much if it's a user, but I don't like giving ANY company a pass for shoddy work. That sends them a clear message that people don't care, they'll eat whatever's served, even if it's a $@#% sandwich.

And I don't eat @#% sammies.

That's actually my concern exactly.
I am afraid it will come back worse than it is, after all this trouble...
I noticed now too that one handle scale is separated from the steel at the blade side. I can fit a piece of paper underneath it. I don't know how much they can repair on this knife realistically, and I doubt they would replace it with a new one.

LbgZbC4.jpg

This takes it from cosmetic flaws to the mechanical. All you need is some moisture to seep under that, and you'll have an issue on(well, under) your hands before too long.

If it bugs you now, it always will. Every time you pick it up you’ll see the things that bother you and it’ll never be “right” in your eyes.

I’d send it to where I bought it and ask for an exchange.
If the seller can't help you, I'd send it back to Bark River for some touch up grinding. I wouldn't worry much about the scratches unless they are deep.

I normally don't send things back or exchange them due to imperfections, but at this price range I would do it.

I don't think so either. Send it back for a fix or replacement. Slight grind differences I can see, but this is not slight.

Some banks will reverse the payment if they see unfair or fradulent practice. Especially if there are laws about it in your country. Anything I order online I can return it within 14 days after receiving the item and get a full refund, even without a reason. Those laws only apply to online and telephone orders.
I'd be more worried that it is actually 3V... :eek:

Who's the retailer? Those who charge restocking fees are bad enough, but only giving store credit is a bit extreme.

Hey guys, just wanted to provide an update on this.

I reached out to the retailer one last time pointing them to this thread, and they came around and agreed to refund. I won't mention the retailer at this time, but as a lesson to us all, always check return policies when making a purchase.

Thanks so much to everybody for your valuable input! Very much appreciated.

Hey guys, just wanted to provide an update on this.

I reached out to the retailer one last time pointing them to this thread, and they came around and agreed to refund. I won't mention the retailer at this time, but as a lesson to us all, always check return policies when making a purchase.

Thanks so much to everybody for your valuable input! Very much appreciated.
Great!!!! I’m glad it finally worked out for you, but the retailer shouldn’t have given you the run around the way they did.

Thanks for the update! DLT and KSF and TKC are 3 dealers I can recommend.
Regards
Mikael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back