Basic Urban Survival Folder

Ah, stuff a sock around that folder and stretch it out overnight. It won't be snug then :D

Your wife is very talented my friend. She outdone herself on that one. :thumbup: My hats off to her skill!

Thanks for posting pics of her great job on that.
STR

OK. You can keep it.
I do have on order a Black Bear knife with coyote Brown G-10. Otherwise, I'd beg. The BUSTR is on my list.
Thanks! ;)

Steve,
Do you have room for one more on that second list of 10 BUSSTR? If so, put me down.
Thanks
Fred

Yeah I believe so Fred.

On some of these future models I'll be offering some frame locks which will probably take off as the standard shortly after because I must admit I have not missed doing scales at all!

STR

Yeah I believe so Fred.

On some of these future models I'll be offering some frame locks which will probably take off as the standard shortly after because I must admit I have not missed doing scales at all!

STR

Great :). As you get closer to production, let me know what you have available for scales.
Darn, you would have to go and make life difficult. Now I'll have to decide between those beautiful scales on both sides and one of your excellent frame locks. Also, didn't you say something about a wharncliffe blade somewhere back in the thread?

Great :). As you get closer to production, let me know what you have available for scales.
Darn, you would have to go and make life difficult. Now I'll have to decide between those beautiful scales on both sides and one of your excellent frame locks. Also, didn't you say something about a wharncliffe blade somewhere back in the thread?

I do have some Wharnies but have not incorporated one into the design yet. The blade will have to sit higher. I am planning to do these with stand offs unless Dave accidentally pops out the holes too large in the rear for what I have to work. The fancy or plain stand offs depending on which will fit the deisign best may fix the issue I see in my mind that could come up with it. The spacer goes up higher on the inside so hopefully if nothing else the stand off would allow a little more space for the blade to rest so only the minimum amount of the Wharny spine is sticking up when closed. I'll see and know more once I actually go to use one. It is confirmed though I will have some potentially available and I say potentially for now til I get the chance to map everything out.

STR

New one coming up here for Spiralarchetect. I have a Mapper66's started also but I was wondering if you two last guys would be ok with each getting black micarta. Its all I got as I ruined one of the last sets of teal so I'm hoping you'll be ok that. :eek:

I have the last two started now and will try to get these going here shortly for both of you. This one needs a clip yet for Dustin but it won't be long getting that part done tomorrow. I have to make eight clips tomorrow actually so I'll be doing all those back to back unless I burn out along the way. Supposed to be 83 degrees tomorrow so hopefully that will mean I can get a lot done.

Anyway, these pics came out really light. Too much direct sunlight and I had my flash on...Dah! I think they show it well though but they'll have to do for now til the clip gets mounted.

Thanks for looking

STR

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0001a.jpg
    DSCF0001a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Well, I came in to watch the new NCIS and Mentalist but both are repeats. :grumpy:

So, I just finished this one since I was deprived of my shows.

Two to go and the first run is complete. :thumbup:

STR

Attachments

• BUSSTR with green linen and Christof blade.jpg
    BUSSTR with green linen and Christof blade.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 44
Well, I came in to watch the new NCIS and Mentalist but both are repeats. :grumpy:

So, I just finished this one since I was deprived of my shows.

Two to go and the first run is complete. :thumbup:

STR

Steve, you should watch Fringe.........it's a pretty good X-files type show and tonight's episode is new......... Oh, and the knife looks pretty good too ;)

I'm excited about this one. Thanks for all the good work.:thumbup:

Never heard of that one. I may check it out. My favorites so far this year are Life first, both the wife and I love that one, and Burn Notice of course. Then NCIS and Mentalist. I get a kick out of both of those. I like Eureka and The Closer a lot also.

STR

Hi Steve,

I was kind of hoping for the teal, but if you have some natural canvas that would be okay too. I'm not a big fan of black folders any more (too many of them ;)).

If you have other handle material please email me.

If not, I am more than willing to wait as long as it takes :D.

Hi Steve,

I was kind of hoping for the teal, but if you have some natural canvas that would be okay too. I'm not a big fan of black folders any more (too many of them ;)).

If you have other handle material please email me.

If not, I am more than willing to wait as long as it takes :D.

Ok. Thats what I needed to know. I have to check in the morning and see if I have any natural left. If not I'll order more teal and get you what you wanted. I had enough but made a mistake cutting it out and took off a wrong cut. What is left is enough for smaller folders in length than this one only but not enough for two scales for a BUSSTR.

STR

Almost forgot, I wanted only a 2-way clip mount now that I found out that a lefty thumbstud would be ill-advised (and bit easier on you).

Thanks, and take care, Steve.

Alex.

Last edited:
If you've got room on your list, I'd be interested in hopping on. I really like the organic look of the BUSSTR, particularly with the natural micarta.

James

Back