Batch for a Dealer

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Ok guys. This batch, for the most part is for a dealer order. Just posting pics to wet the appetite. One knife is for the run though.

This knife. The Karda in tuxedo configuration. (That is, black canvas with nat canvas liner, pins, and bullseye filler.) The remaining Run knives are being HT'd today, and next week is the build week.

20111209104_4911-vi.jpg

Here are the remaining knives, that are going to the dealer. When he is ready, I'll announce which dealer...

Snubnose with coffee bag burlap scales:

20111209104_4917-vi.jpg

20111209104_4914-vi.jpg

A few Recluses:

20111209104_4915-vi.jpg

20111209104_4895-vi.jpg

Three Shanks and a Bushboot with tapered tangs.

20111209104_4899-vi.jpg

20111209104_4900-vi.jpg

20111209104_4904-vi.jpg

20111209104_4907-vi.jpg

Two Bow Legged Joes, and a Bow Legged Belt Knife Variant.

20111209104_4908-vi.jpg

Andy sweet batch man. Hey easy on making all the snubnoses, they were rare is the reason I wanted one so badly and now all the sudden we're making em like crazy!! ;) You ever done a BLJ in 3/32'? That would be a wicked lil cutter, with a convex grind of course. Oh BTW it was kinda fun yesterday at work, my Karda had been abused and had gotten quite dull. So I took my Dia-stones,and my strop into work with me, and hit a few licks and it came back to life in no time. My crew was amazed at how fast it got sharp, told em good steel and h/t will give good results. I think I'll have some of em buying FBF b4 its all over. I gotta get me a BLJ (with bolsters of course).

That Bushboot is killer! Im gonna have to pick up one of those. Full convex too huh :)

Beautiful batch Andy! I really have a special place in my heart for those burlap handles. Which reminds me, how's my hunter doing? I miss her but I know she's in good hands.

I really like that coffee bag burlap. And those Kardas (just picked one up). So now I need those two things combined :)

Andy, your convex grind keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.

Beautiful batch Andy! I really have a special place in my heart for those burlap handles. Which reminds me, how's my hunter doing? I miss her but I know she's in good hands.

She is done. I'll send her back next week if thats OK. Looks great!

Andy, your convex grind keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bari.

Andy the karda came out great! I can't wait to get it and put it to use. Also the two shanks pictured together look stunning!

I'm becoming a recluse fan for sure....

Nice stuff!

Andy - 1) Is that ivory Recluse a FULL convex? Or a flat grind?

2) Did you get the Hiking Buddy I sent back for the trade?

TF

The recluse is full convex. Though I have been using the flat platen to hog off the initial bulk steel at the bevel.

I am going to be stalking Lee's Cutlery and the Knives Ship Free websites as I want that Bushboot. Looks like it has a nice fat handle for my big mits. Fat handled knives rules - not so much fat chics though

What do you think Andy? Full convex vs. Sabre Grind Convex - what are the pro's and cons of these two types of blade types?

I find the sabre grind leaves for a stouter edge - but a less able slicer... Am I wrong? What is your take?

I love the look of the full convex - and I really like your Recluses.... The look like quite a bushcrafter / EDC knife.

TF

Beautiful batch Andy!!!

What do you think Andy? Full convex vs. Sabre Grind Convex - what are the pro's and cons of these two types of blade types?

I find the sabre grind leaves for a stouter edge - but a less able slicer... Am I wrong? What is your take?

I love the look of the full convex - and I really like your Recluses.... The look like quite a bushcrafter / EDC knife.

TF

IMO, whether it's full height convex or saber ground convex is not as important as the angle of the bevel and the thickness of the blade.

Back