Batch for a Dealer

These are all 01 guys. I really don't see any difference in the two Talk. The sabergrind on a hunter for instance may be as wide as a full.height grind on a Ladyfinger. Both slice fine. Sometimes I grind the edge very thin before ssharpning and sometimes I leave it meaty. I've been told both ways are the way to go. And I've been told both are wrong.

Beautiful work as always Andy!! I love the loos of all of them. I sort of thought my next FB would probably be a saber HB or Woodsman, but man I am really wanting to get Lisa one of those Shanks with some sort of a blue handle. I really think she'll dig that a lot, we both have a thing for sharp tips. And with current things in my life I am really wanting one of the Kardas in the S35VN for a neck knife.

Edit: Just now caught that the shanks have tapered tangs SWEET!!

IMO, whether it's full height convex or saber ground convex is not as important as the angle of the bevel and the thickness of the blade.

I agree, but all things being equal if i have a choice between a full-height convex or a high-saber convex on the 5/32 I'll probably always choose a high saber convex for my woods knives because of the psychological effect of a slightly stouter spine and my typical types of rough use in the woods. That said Andy's full-height grinds are truly a thing of beauty and I do want to try one out in the bush at some point.

I thought I recognized some of those in that tray. Nice batch, but I got the best one for sure.

I was eyeballing that snub nose!

Let me tell you what you will not be dissapointed if you get lucky enough to snag it, there is not another knife out there that feels as good as my Snubbie. Full handled with the just right contours and shapes, awesomeness is an under statement.

Back