Recommendation? BB Gun for small child?

My little girl is 7 and she is a little thing. I got her a “Walther” CP99 compact BB gun. She has no trouble shooting it so I got her “Walther” PPk/s it’s a tad smaller but she prefers the trigger pull on the CP99 model. I just upgraded her to a CP99 compact .177 pellet pistol. She still likes her original BB gun better.

Will look into these, sounds like exactly what I am looking for.
Thanks for the recommendation,
Bruce

I am trying to find a small bb gun for my 7 year old daughter. I would like a co2 operated one that has a pretty small grip, that I can use to teach about gun handling/safety and to just do some fun plinking. I dont need anything powerful or fancy. Most of the bb guns I see are modeled after real weapons and have the corresponding size grips. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bruce

Co2 is not what you want.
What you want is the Daisy model 105 Buck, it's made for kids 7 and under to learn to shoot with.

The red Ryder has too long of a length of pull for most kids of this age.
One thing that's great about a bb gun like this is that it brings on the practice of not instantly bringing your finger to the trigger every time, you've got to point it upwards and operate the lever.
It's extremely quiet too, and you can pack a cardboard box with say old newspaper or hang up a thick blanket to shoot in your hallway if it's raining.

BB's by themselves are very cheap, but toss in the cost of co2 and not so much anymore.
Mine is no longer in it's stock form, so here's a photo from the Daisy website.

These are only $17 at Walmart btw, and buy the Daisy bb's because copperhead bb's are not as good and can rust.

Last edited:
Co2 is not what you want.
What you want is the Daisy model 105 Buck, it's made for kids 7 and under to learn to shoot with.

The red Ryder has too long of a length of pull for most kids of this age.
One thing that's great about a bb gun like this is that it brings on the practice of not instantly bringing your finger to the trigger every time, you've got to point it upwards and operate the lever.
It's extremely quiet too, and you can pack a cardboard box with say old newspaper or hang up a thick blanket to shoot in your hallway if it's raining.

BB's by themselves are very cheap, but toss in the cost of co2 and not so much anymore.
Mine is no longer in it's stock form, so here's a photo from the Daisy website.

These are only $17 at Walmart btw, and buy the Daisy bb's because copperhead bb's are not as good and can rust.

Well, I generally agree with everything you said, in fact we have the exact Buck model rifle you posted! The biggest thing with going to a co2 pistol is I wanted something that my daughter could fully operate by herself. She has some physical disabilities that make "cocking" the Buck rifle not really possible yet. I do appreciate the suggestions though.

Well, I generally agree with everything you said, in fact we have the exact Buck model rifle you posted! The biggest thing with going to a co2 pistol is I wanted something that my daughter could fully operate by herself. She has some physical disabilities that make "cocking" the Buck rifle not really possible yet. I do appreciate the suggestions though.

Most co2 air pistols are made with older shooters in mind and are replicas of adult sized firearms so it may be tough to find something.
I mostly shoot old school multi stroke pneumatics , so I can't really think of anything that fits the bill.
The umarex legends Walther ppk might fit the bill.
It's got a grip that while longer than a real one ( to fit the co2 ) is definitely small hand friendly.
That's about all I can think of in a co2 repeater that has a grip that might not be too large.

Back