Bead Blasting......

Just a quick update for all my fellow tinkerers and knife fanatics.......

I now have ceramic media in my tumbler machine, so now I can apply a "stonewashed" finish on steel.
Let me add I have done a few so far and the results are great.......in my opinion.....beautiful :)

I don't exactly believe in karma (being a religious person) but I do believe that good deeds are rewarded later in life. You sir, are due for some rewards.

This is such a generous offer. I may take you up on it sometime soon, as I have a few blades, knives and other bits I'd like blasted/stonewashed. Can you do sebenza scales? Always wanted to see some stonewashed sebenza scales. If I don't like it, then won't they return it to factory at the spa?

I don't exactly believe in karma (being a religious person) but I do believe that good deeds are rewarded later in life. You sir, are due for some rewards.

This is such a generous offer. I may take you up on it sometime soon, as I have a few blades, knives and other bits I'd like blasted/stonewashed. Can you do sebenza scales? Always wanted to see some stonewashed sebenza scales. If I don't like it, then won't they return it to factory at the spa?

Thanks for the kind words! I love doing the work and "tinkering" so to speak, and if I can help out a fellow Knut all the more better!
Yes I can stone wash Ti. And I do believe if you don't like the the "spa" will return it to "normal" for you ;)

dslteck, your generosity is matched by the quality of your work (which is awesome). I have a few knives: Spydercos and Emersons that could use your treatment. Please PM me to let me know how to proceed.

Just a quick update for all my fellow tinkerers and knife fanatics.......

I now have ceramic media in my tumbler machine, so now I can apply a "stonewashed" finish on steel.
Let me add I have done a few so far and the results are great.......in my opinion.....beautiful :)

I'd like to take you up on that when I get back Stateside. :thumbup:

I don’t know if anyone would need or desire this service but I am going to offer it anyway. To all of our fellow Blade Forums members, free of charge :)

In our shop we have 2 bead-blasting cabinets. One uses glass beads and the other uses plastic beads.

The glass beads are excellent for removing rust/corrosion from all different types of metals from steel to bronze. They also excel at removing paint and other foreign substances like various types of blade coatings. The glass beads remove everything and take the surface to the “raw” material.

The plastic beads excel at removing paint from materials. Plastic beads are a good choice when “scratching” the surface and getting down to the “raw” material isn’t desired. Plastic beads save all coatings, such as anodized metals. Plastic bead do not do a good job at removing rust.

Any type of material can be bead-blasted from plastic to wood.

I’m solely offering this service for Blade forums members because I love this site and I wish to help people out anyway I can. So if you would like to talk feel free to shoot me a PM or E-mail or just respond in the thread!

Does the offer still stand? I will post before and after pics.

Hi there dslteck.

I've got a Ti Embassy Pen being delivered to me on Monday and I'm wanting to do a finish like the picture below to match a Sebenza. I don't know enough about the processes involved, but are you able to do that with your equipment? I've looked all over for a shop locally to do this, but I haven't had any luck finding someone.

2011-07-28_16-34-40_822.jpg

If you can't I'll understand and keep looking.

Thank you.

I don't know if I'll ever take you up on your kind offer but this thread gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that doesn't come around often enough these days.

Hi there dslteck.

I've got a Ti Embassy Pen being delivered to me on Monday and I'm wanting to do a finish like the picture below to match a Sebenza. I don't know enough about the processes involved, but are you able to do that with your equipment? I've looked all over for a shop locally to do this, but I haven't had any luck finding someone.

If you can't I'll understand and keep looking.

Thank you.

No problem! I can do that for you just as long as all the "guts" and goodies can be removed so that just the shell remains!

No problem! I can do that for you just as long as all the "guts" and goodies can be removed so that just the shell remains!

It can!

Could you provide me with your address please? What kind of turn around time is involved? And let me know what it costs for shipping to get it back to me and I'll happily reimburse you.

Thank you.

zatxwoopyoax@hotmail.com

Thanks for the kind words! I love doing the work and "tinkering" so to speak, and if I can help out a fellow Knut all the more better!
Yes I can stone wash Ti. And I do believe if you don't like the the "spa" will return it to "normal" for you ;)

This man did a very generous bead blasting of my RTAK II, It started as a new, normal blade. Then Mitch did a fantastic job. I also applied about 15 coats of Flitz Polish, then more coats of pure Carnuba wax. Now it looks so good I have never chopped anything with it. :)

RTAKIIe.jpg

RTAKIId.jpg

RTAKIIc.jpg

RTAKIIb.jpg

RTAK6.jpg

RTAK5.jpg

RTAK4.jpg

RTAK3.jpg

RTAK2.jpg

RTAK1.jpg

Do you think it would work on a zippo that is all scratched up? You can email me if you'd like.

Thanks.

dslteck are you still offering your services? Totally amazed with the pics of bead blast and I would love to send a blade to you.

I just got a package in the mail. The blade from my CRKT M16 stripped w/ a nice satin finish. Pictures later.

I was wondering if you're still doing this? I sent you an email, but didn't receive a response yet.

Back