Becker BK-19, finally came on sale!

lEG6I6J.jpg
Someone had a sale earlier this week on the black BK-19, $77.77, just what I was waiting for. As soon as the text came announcing it, I ordered one. Fedex delivered it today and I got to play with it a bit and compare it side by side the BK-16 and BK-18.

As I had predicted, the BK-18 seems to have been created by modifying the Harpoon. IMO, this made it even better!

The blade ended up being a little shorter and the point more in line with the handle. The rounded back makes it nice to handle with the forefinger along the spine.

It is also shorter and feels lighter than the BK-16. I think this will make it handier for me with delicate work.

Overall, I like this knife and will only call it a BK-19 as it is ‘unique.’ Its design doesnt look like a “Muk” at all to me…Thank goodness! I think Muks are ugly!

Last edited:
Very nice!! I have a tan one coming.
Is there still a sale on the black ones?

My black one arrived. I ordered the micarta scales right away and they arrived the same day. I like the knife but the sheath is an abomination. I’m looking forward to using th8s one

I got Becker Bit on this BK19 and have one coming my way.

I really like the BK16 and it is a fantastic all around knife.

I think the BK19 will see a lot more use in the kitchen and processing food than
my BK16.

I'm intrigued by the blade shape and how it will perform around camp and bushcrafting.
The width of the blade, coupled with that point looks like choking up on the blade and using that
point and belly would be great for detailed work.

I wish somebody would have posted the link to the sale. $77 is a great price for that knife.

ETA: Found ‘em. Thanks Xr6x. Weird, every time I looked they were full price until today.
please email me, unless as a Gold Member you can msg me here.

Thanks!

Back