Becker Free Fallin’ Snarkin’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!

I have about ten rolls left and we will be out. Amazon is sold out and all the stores here are empty.

Looks like we will be using rags and rinse/washing soon. Booooooo!

I was just figuring on lots of showers! :p I guess we can still find some in our area, but Walmart has been sold out for a few days and when they get more it sells out right away. Same thing with jugs of water. I use distilled water for my CPAP machine humidifier and when my girlfriend was at Walmart the other day I told her to grab me another few jugs and there wasn't a single gallon jug of water to be had.

I was just figuring on lots of showers! :p I guess we can still find some in our area, but Walmart has been sold out for a few days and when they get more it sells out right away. Same thing with jugs of water. I use distilled water for my CPAP machine humidifier and when my girlfriend was at Walmart the other day I told her to grab me another few jugs and there wasn't a single gallon jug of water to be had.

You should check out the Berkey water filter. They are expensive but work well and require no power.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, only a couple times. I've intended to get out quite a few times but it just never seems to happen like I want it to. I'm hoping I can get out at least one more time before the ice goes to crap. I would love to have a fresh walleye dinner.
Yeah, same here. Weekends never seem to be free for some reason. Hopefully I’ll be able to get out in the next week or so as well.

:poop: Just heard Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive for the corona virus . That Sucks!
Smoke and prayers sent :thumbsup:

Today, it rained. Might not seem like much to say, until you live in a near perpetual state of drought.
I ran my boots through the peet dryer for an hour and a half. Gonna go check them now... the outsides are still wet. So, on for another half-hour cycle.

My pasture could be used as a rice paddy.
I have standing water in places that are usually dry an hour after any rain has stopped- including hilltops. :(

It's snowed a little here yesterday.

Our local girls high school basketball team just won their semifinal game and while they were playing, the rest of the tournament was canceled. I bet that was a huge buzz kill when they got back to the locker room.

we were getting snow flurries when I got home from work.
supposed to have 0-2" on the ground in the AM, followed by 6 more hours of rain to wash it away.

Supposed to have a wintry mix here today, but is only raining so far.

woke up to the ground white this morning ... I can still see a bit of grass but surprised it is white with the last week or so having been nice. Will be a good day to clean up and put some winter stuff away and get ready for warmer weather

woke up to a cold rain driven by a middling harsh wind - the rain stopped by 10AM, but the wet wind and heavy cloud cover kept it feeling pretty uncomfortable.
never made it above 36f.

Made some delicious smoked pork tenderloin yesterday. Used my 62 for prepping the shallots, cauliflower and for prepping and cutting the meat afterwards. What a great blade really. Nimble, yet plenty tough and adequately sized, it has a great grind,... One of the best things I've bought in recent years for sure.

Made some delicious smoked pork tenderloin yesterday. Used my 62 for prepping the shallots, cauliflower and for prepping and cutting the meat afterwards. What a great blade really. Nimble, yet plenty tough and adequately sized, it has a great grind,... One of the best things I've bought in recent years for sure.

smoked pork tenderloin.......if I may ask, would you share how you did this and ant tricks for success ?

Well I don't smoke 'em myself. In my tiny little country of Belgium, large boar populations have always roamed the Ardennes region in the south. All kinds of boar and pork specialties have originated from there and they're easily available in pretty much every store. I find them more often than raw, untreated tenderloin.

I do still clean it from fat, fry them on all sides and let them sit in an oven for 15 minutes at 200°C.

It’s official. Alberta’s shutting down all schools, daycares, and post-secondary institutions until further notice. Shits getting real. Good thing I have my 5,384 rolls of toilet paper to help me out...somehow...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back