Becker Necker in Micarta!

Hey Mass1632 Mass1632 , you should get another 11 for micarta. Maybe get a few more. :D

It would be nice if there were sales like buy 1, get 1 half off. Or more to what id like to find is buying a few in bulk(like 3-4) at a reduced rate. I could use such a deal with the 14 as well. Ive too many thoughts on modding them that would make a bundle worth it. Without such an incentive deal, i just spend my knife money on knives i dont already own.

I have one heck of a time finding small blades that are comfortable. I wanted to like the smaller Beckers but I have tried adding micarta and G10 scales and they just haven't been comfortable in my hand so haven't seen a lot of use. I don't have huge mits like some but broad hands ... tweeners are usable for me (mostly my 15s because the blades are near perfect for several things I do but learned to adjust my grip on them ... my 16 and 17 sadly aren't showing much use either ... the 18s I'm using some as I go) ... but I can't get comfortable with the neckers ... I should give them to someone who can use them. I thought about trying the TKC G10 on them but I still have a few projects I want to do first and with the world gone crazy haven't had the time.

I sometimes think I wish I was average height and size and had average sized hands because I miss out on some knives that are great blades! @The Warrior maybe can relate ... I think he may have a bit more trouble than I do with that.

Maybe a GAW is in order sometime soon.

If you dont like the feel, id suggest modding them and adding custom scales. Turn that ricasso into part of the handle. Make it a two inch blade if thats what it takes to get your hand on it. Not much use for a two inch blade? Dedicate it for opening packages or something. A well made knife can always be reground into something useful. Better than sitting in a junk draw.

If you have plenty of blades and cant benefit from modding it then it is always good to be charitable to people less fortunate.

I have one heck of a time finding small blades that are comfortable. I wanted to like the smaller Beckers but I have tried adding micarta and G10 scales and they just haven't been comfortable in my hand so haven't seen a lot of use. I don't have huge mits like some but broad hands ... tweeners are usable for me (mostly my 15s because the blades are near perfect for several things I do but learned to adjust my grip on them ... my 16 and 17 sadly aren't showing much use either ... the 18s I'm using some as I go) ... but I can't get comfortable with the neckers ... I should give them to someone who can use them. I thought about trying the TKC G10 on them but I still have a few projects I want to do first and with the world gone crazy haven't had the time.

I sometimes think I wish I was average height and size and had average sized hands because I miss out on some knives that are great blades! @The Warrior maybe can relate ... I think he may have a bit more trouble than I do with that.

You may like the Kabar 1119 the wrench knife. It fits great in my
Hands and I wear Xl nitrile medical gloves

I look at the necker’s as sturdy little knives that is easily carried and can provide a strong useful blade if called upon :thumbsup: They would not be my choice for long term comfortable use :thumbsup: but in a emergency they would be up for more abuse than any folding knife I own :D
4CF7E549-AEE0-4085-81AB-70F20411B2A8.jpeg
Glad my hands are small enough to make use of the smaller knives :)
Made a little more finger room on this 11
73065F3C-620B-4094-849C-42B72ABB4EE0.jpeg
Took this Cam 11 a step further for a little more room :)
FA1D172C-FE44-453B-A3C2-9784FA03565D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, that does suck. My custom 11 is the shiz:

That's pretty sweet :thumbsup: ... I hadn't seen that one before. Someday I may get around to trying something similar. I have a couple I do use that I want to find time to etch and strip and mod a bit first. I finally have everything to do it but never enough hours in the day. Hoping things aren't as crazy in a couple months but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I have medium sized hands and adding the tkc g10 takes the 14/24 to another level for me. Makes them comfortable users...
9yZmh5q.jpg

I also really like the Xr6x Xr6x finger mods. May have to try that. :thumbsup:

FYI, for size comparison...
wZgXyLk.jpg

I have medium sized hands and adding the tkc g10 takes the 14/24 to another level for me. Makes them comfortable users...
9yZmh5q.jpg

I also really like the Xr6x Xr6x finger mods. May have to try that. :thumbsup:

FYI, for size comparison...
wZgXyLk.jpg

This may be an option I try ... the wrench knife is longer in the handle but so much thinner it leaves me wanting just a bit more to have a hold of. The TKC scales may be the answer I have held Izulas that were manageable at least.

Back