Becker Proto types ?

Remember post pic of proto type beckers with a B :D I have seen previous pics on BF you've posted bro :eek: :eek: LOL :D Brain scarred

ok, here it is!! I got a few mins so I scanned it really quick., sorry for the poor quality but I'm short on time!

scan.jpg

Caption says "Ethan Becker brought along a few prototypes for everyone to check out. One of the nice things about PWYP is a chance to try out new stuff before everyone else!"

haha Tony!! if you noticed that out of everything else in that pic I think theres a few other forums on the net where you might fit in perfectly!!! :p Don't know how I missed that in that pic.., guess I was to busy looking elsewhere!! haha!!

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what they actually come out with, if any of those. I notice that those don't seem to have the standard Becker handles, which I happen to love. What I would like to see is a knife with a 3 inch blade (like the Necker) with the standard handle. I wonder if there's any chance of that?

Still waiting on my buddy....

They're getting ready to come out with micarta scales for the necker so I doubt another 3 incher with scales is in the works.

as for the scales in the pic.., I'm liking them ALOT! can't tell what they're made of but they look like they'd fit the hand nicely!

I'm digging the looks of the one thats second from the right.., kind of a bushcraft style.., I like! If the curve in those recurves was toned down a bit I'd be interested in those too.

Last edited:
I like that one, too. It kind of reminds me of my BK2 on a diet. Wonder what the blade length is? I know you did your best on the scans, but considering what you had to work with, its not as clear as we might have liked. Yeah, I'm waiting for the Micarta grips, too. I just want a 3 inch blade attached to them.

That looks to be a cooler he's got them sitting on., I've got one similar but it's in the wife's jeep and she's not home ATM., if anyone's got one they could measure the lid...., at lease that would give us an approximation.....

my buddy is always late., he was supposed to be here at 5 and I'm getting awfully danged thirsty!!

ok, here it is!! I got a few mins so I scanned it really quick., sorry for the poor quality but I'm short on time!

scan.jpg

Caption says "Ethan Becker brought along a few prototypes for everyone to check out. One of the nice things about PWYP is a chance to try out new stuff before everyone else!"

haha Tony!! if you noticed that out of everything else in that pic I think theres a few other forums on the net where you might fit in perfectly!!! :p Don't know how I missed that in that pic.., guess I was to busy looking elsewhere!! haha!!

I like the look of the seventh knife right to left. The Mora of Sweden, Becker Style. I would buy it without a second thought.

All those new blades, and still no CREWMAN, I was really hoping to get a look at the new BK10 :(

LOL ,FHH....I like #2 & #7 going left -right
thanks for posting pic...

Funny I like the BK2 & BK7 best of a the currently available Beckers. Brute and Crewman are not being available but are two I wish I had the most. Of the prototypes I like 2, 4, 7, & 8. The first and five also look interesting too. Would not mind handling them all.

Wasn't PWYP this last weekend? If so, perhaps Ethan will be showing up shortly with some nice, new candy for us to drool over.

Did anyone else go?

I like 1,2,7 & 8 - all look pretty handy.

Hopefully more info will be coming on these, as well as a time frame/pricing for the new micarta grips

Cool stuff. I like the new handle design. From left to right, I like the cleaverish #1 and the simple #8. The wide blade of #1 looks like it could handle a variety of tasks including some chopping. #8 from the left just looks like it would handle well. I prefer #8's shorter swedge in comparison to #7.

The necker tanto is something I figured was coming down the pipe because of the sheath design of the necker... I would guess that one is about 6 3/4" total length with a blade around 3 1/4"

Back