Becker question?

Looking into buying my first Becker. What Becker would be best as a backpacking and camp knife? I plan to use this knife for a variety of tasks. Was thinking about the bk2 but was wondering if the weight would be to much. Your input and knowledge would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Which one calls to you the most? Get that one. And bear in mind they're addictive. You won't stop with whatever you get.

Oh I'm sorry for leaving that out. I plan to use the knife for a lot of things like feather sticks, making spears, maybe some light batonning, whittling by the fire, and food prep. Pretty much as an all round backpacking/camp knife

Oh I'm sorry for leaving that out. I plan to use the knife for a lot of things like feather sticks, making spears, maybe some light batonning, whittling by the fire, and food prep. Pretty much as an all round backpacking/camp knife

I'd say a BK16, unless you have huge hands like me.

I vote bk16 or bk10 both will do everything you listed. I just prefer the bk10 because it fits my hands better.

^ This. I have both and if my hands were like Truckosaurus I'd swing more towards the 10. But I don't. So the 16 would be my pick overall. It is one fine blade. TBH if I had have bought the 16 before any other Beckers I would have been inclined to end there. Ha! Who am I kidding! These things are more addictive than meth and heroin combined. Be warned Herb Ninja..

BK15 - 5.5" of slicing goodness for feathersticking, whittling, and food prep.

BK10 - a heavier 5.5" if batoning is higher on your list than the 3 tasks above.

There is always the bk12... Great all around blade that will suit your hiking and camping needs

Bk16 with a kydex sheath...best all around light weight option. The bk2 is an awesome knife as well, and if you want a knife that you can beat the hell out of without worry than that's the best choice.

If you don't need to do any chopping, definitely the BK16. If you are hot to chop, then get a BK4 while the getting is good.

I dont know i just got both in the past few weeks. I have average to small hands. When i hold the bk2 everything is perfect. She doesnt feel heavy just...right. The bk16 is a much more friendly knife. It looks less threatening it slice alot better. The 16 feels small in my hands i am 5'7" 125lbs no alien hands here. That being said it could be that i have had the 2 a few weeks and the 16 a day. Might need some getting used to.

I dont know i just got both in the past few weeks. I have average to small hands. When i hold the bk2 everything is perfect. She doesnt feel heavy just...right. The bk16 is a much more friendly knife. It looks less threatening it slice alot better. The 16 feels small in my hands i am 5'7" 125lbs no alien hands here. That being said it could be that i have had the 2 a few weeks and the 16 a day. Might need some getting used to.
After Handling a full size Becker for awhile almost any other knife is going to feel small lol

Back