Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

It’s a pretty cool mod and I understand why someone would do that. :thumbsup:

Me though, if I modded my 21, I would need to pick up a second to have in its original form. ;)

Still working on this one.

vIu4iH3.jpg
Nice mod man.

Looks Great Bravo. My ultimate goal is to get my 9er worn down like Dubz
Mine is the roll stamped edition 9, with the old, smooth coating. The later crinkle type coating comes off much easier. I was surprised how fast it came off my 4.

It’s a pretty cool mod and I understand why someone would do that. :thumbsup:

Me though, if I modded my 21, I would need to pick up a second to have in its original form. ;)
That's how I am too. If I mod one, I have to have a stock replacement.

Took my user 9 this afternoon and decided to give it a new look! Not quite done with it yet, have to clean it up a little bit more.
vXvqYsu.jpg

E6EwBMr.jpg

The coating just slides right off like an egg in a skillet!
GieGxuE.jpg

A steel brush gets all the coatings out of the crevices and such
tJhbuGu.jpg

Almost finished product. I love the 2-tone look to it!
d8KmR63.jpg
Very Nice! I've always wondered what remover would do to the scales :thumbsup: Thank's 91 for trying that out :D looks Great ;)

Very Nice! I've always wondered what remover would do to the scales :thumbsup: Thank's 91 for trying that out :D looks Great ;)

It actually cleaned the scales up very nice! Too new looking, I'll probably rub them down with Sno Seal.

It actually cleaned the scales up very nice! Too new looking, I'll probably rub them down with Sno Seal.
I bet it did . I'am very surprised it didn't start to soften them. Very good to know it will make strip jobs a lot easier. ;) Very curious why the Sno Seal ?

I bet it did . I'am very surprised it didn't start to soften them. Very good to know it will make strip jobs a lot easier. ;) Very curious why the Sno Seal ?

It absorbs into the handles and gives it a darker appearance. Helps with keeping other oily stuff from absorbing into the handles as well. Sort of like a temporary wax barrier.

Back