Beckerhead Knife Making and Modification Thread

Really enjoying thing thread.

I rehabbed this old blade. Someone gave it to me and he didn't know anything about it; it has no brand stamp or any other markings. Couldn't bear to trash it so I added a stacked leather handle and made a sheath.

Before
uazrjvM.jpg

After
3p82bWO.jpg

Nice work man. I love the pitting on that blade. Looks like the old girl has been around for awhile.

Thanks! She is an old girl for sure. She has a lot of ... uhm ... character.
Did you apply oil to the leather? I like the dark look. It goes well with the old blade.

A USN MKI perhaps..... Nice to see a fine old blade made โ€œnewโ€again.....Beeswax is the best for keeping the leather from drying out.... Soaking in paraffin is a tric I learned from the late Larry Harley but, I surmise the Beeswax is a better solution.... Your usual lovely work Mike..... Nice... e

I rehabbed this old blade. Someone gave it to me and he didn't know anything about it; it has no brand stamp or any other markings. Couldn't bear to trash it so I added a stacked leather handle and made a sheath.

Before
uazrjvM.jpg

After
3p82bWO.jpg
Great job on that handle Mike!

Before
uazrjvM.jpg

After
3p82bWO.jpg

Beautiful job! Did you solder the guard?

Thank y'all.

E, the pommel looks very MK1ish but the blade is relatively thin...maybe due to erosion, though.

GeofS, I didn't solder the guard. I couldn't see any evidence it had been soldered before but that could also have worn away.

Casting my vote, Hawkhead for President! :D

good stuff there.
really like the looks of that pommel - how is it attached?

First, Thanks fellow knife enthusiasts for your generous comments.
The [pommel] butt cap is attached by means of a small brass wood screw that I sweat on. Epoxy seals the wood at the joint. I do the same for all my puukkos. I do not use the traditional method of peening the tang.

Back