Beer and Blades!

KGabHwj.jpg

Hi-Wire Lo-Pitch Juicy IPA, Really nice aroma, easy drinking but I really wish the flavor was a little stronger. Tasted great, just a little too weak but I think it's supposed to be one you can drink a lot of @ 4.9 ABV. I liked the Kona Brewing Big Wave better for a lighter beer. 6.4 /10

It's about time for another variety pack. I might try to get something besides IPAs this time.

So I’m going to try more of the New England style IPAs, on the recommendation of this forum specifically.
I’ve stated before that I’m not a huge fan of giant bitter hoppy IPAs, so this might be a nice introduction.
It’s pretty easy drinking, 6%, a little touch of sourness(?) that gets you in the jowls.
I’ll give it a rookie IPA drinker 6.5/10 for now.
And a Hogue Ritter.
image.jpg image.jpg

I've been meaning to tell you I enjoy your shots. You have a real knack for strong compositions. Colors and exposure always look spot on in your pics as well. You are very talented.

Ah, thank you. Mainly with a iPhone and a photo editor called Snapseed.

I've never had any kind of dark beer like this but it was in the singles cooler at Kroger so I put it in my latest variety pack. Turtle Anarchy Portly Stout, brewed just up the road from me in Franklin, TN.

It's hard for me to rate this without having had others of it's kind before but I really liked this. Cocoa and coffee notes in there with a smoky, charred bitterness. It reminded me of vaping Latakia tobacco extract, which is awesome. Without having anything else to compare it to, I'll give it a 7.7 / 10. I'm going to get some more of this as well as samples of more porters and stouts. The flavor really appeals to me.

ETA: I've tried several stouts and porters since this particular one. None have been as good as this was so I would bump the score up a bit to 8.2 / 10. I thought it was really good. The cocoa was savory, not sweet and the coffee notes were really nice even though I hate coffee. They did a good job on this and deserved a better score.

Last edited:
Back