Beer and Blades!

OVJA9zj.jpg

Well, not a blade exactly but more of hammocking tool.

Sorry, no blade this time but I want to share my trip to the ”big city”.

CUTa42J.jpg
First I found some Bukowski books.

GtCK7QO.jpg
Then I went for some nachos and found Lagunitas that I hadn’t found here yet (among few other beers of course).

3QNvyVA.jpg

When it was the time to go home I went to buy some craft beers to take with me home (lot of Dutch beers by some reason).

nKlqzgf.jpg

Then of course the train system never ceases to fail you and was late. Had to sip one and smoke few cigarillos.

j7RPIdG.jpg

Then finally in the train the views are at least nice (and beer not so good). 👍🏻 But hey it’s beer!

It's pretty rare for me to drink a beer/cider these days, but tonight called for one. I went with Son of Man Basque cider, which recommends a three-foot pour. Picture pouring this pale yellow cider from three feet up, and let's just say it's an odd start to the drinking experience. 🤣

Tastes great, though! :thumbsup:

X4cIGQK.jpg

Presidio II

Finally tried an India Pale Ale. This one from Devil’s Backbone........I didn’t like it, barely could get it down. The citrus notes made it weird. I do no drink beer regularly, just to try something once in a blue moon. I like a lager with caramel and coffee or vanilla notes. I finally Got to try Dos XX Amber, was not bad, still prefer Modelo Negra. The knife 🔪 is from Patagonia Forge.

Attachments

• 84C8ACCD-64B0-4DDF-93C0-F4AFDB1CBE51.jpeg
    84C8ACCD-64B0-4DDF-93C0-F4AFDB1CBE51.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 5
Finally tried an India Pale Ale. This one from Devil’s Backbone........I didn’t like it, barely could get it down. The citrus notes made it weird. I do no drink beer regularly, just to try something once in a blue moon. I like a lager with caramel and coffee or vanilla notes. I finally Got to try Dos XX Amber, was not bad, still prefer Modelo Negra. The knife 🔪 is from Patagonia Forge.
Good on ya for trying a new style of beer! I bet most people do not like IPAs on the first try... I'd suggest trying a couple more IPAs in case they might grow on you and enrich your life.

Good on ya for trying a new style of beer! I bet most people do not like IPAs on the first try... I'd suggest trying a couple more IPAs in case they might grow on you and enrich your life.
Conner is right, try a lighter IPA like a hazy perhaps. The west coast ipa tend to be more bitter and the east coast (hazy) tends to be sweet and tropical. Cheers!

Thanks guys, has anyone's had Foster lager in awhile? The can reminds me of the old oil cans from long ago. The one you had to push the spout in the top to pour the oil out.

Back