Behold the Brass (and Copper) Bolstered Beauties!

Wow wow wow! What a looker. Such a classy design from Dave 👌🏼.
Brass
KUVHNbN.jpg

rK9KWiJ.jpg

Copper

Hdu40cy.jpg
Really unique and beautiful blades my friend. Always love your photos as well.

The oak is an excellent choice with the brass. How’s the action on this one?

Mutt & Jeff ebony and brass
View attachment 2306900
55 in walnut and brass
View attachment 2306901
302 in rosewood
View attachment 2306903
Love the Buck show! I always like seeing the 302. Such a handy knife and I love it with the brass bolsters.

Very cool! I’m sure there are many of these LL bean knives I haven’t seen. This is a first for me. They had a slimline trapper made that I’ve always admired.

Thanks Jon.

Action is about the same as yours...except it has a strange half stop. It is not a hard and fast, but rather a loose position, with movement for and aft. The blade is centered and solid in other positions.

Really unique and beautiful blades my friend. Always love your photos as well.

Love the Buck show! I always like seeing the 302. Such a handy knife and I love it with the brass bolsters.

Very cool! I’m sure there are many of these LL bean knives I haven’t seen. This is a first for me. They had a slimline trapper made that I’ve always admired.
Thanks Jon :)
Here's the 302 again, with some cousins.
5 302 group shot 1 cropped.jpg

There are definitely some nice ones out there. This one is my favorite -- from the late 70's.

Thanks Jon.

Action is about the same as yours...except it has a strange half stop. It is not a hard and fast, but rather a loose position, with movement for and aft. The blade is centered and solid in other positions.
Yes, that is an interesting effect on these. The action on my May has smoothed out with use, and I have gotten used to that pseudo half stop. I have learned that I can trust the wobbly half stop like any other crisp half stop, I just have to anticipate the travel of the blade. It makes it unique and a fun knife to carry IMO. Something different to fidget with 👍🏼.

Yes, that is an interesting effect on these. The action on my May has smoothed out with use, and I have gotten used to that pseudo half stop. I have learned that I can trust the wobbly half stop like any other crisp half stop, I just have to anticipate the travel of the blade. It makes it unique and a fun knife to carry IMO. Something different to fidget with 👍🏼.
I guess I will learn like you Jon. It is still better than the new A.Wrights.🫤

That's a pretty combo. :cool:

Very nice barlow!👌👌
Thanks guys :thumbsup::)
I chalk it up to my insufferable optimism. At least that’s what my wife would say. 😁
Reminds me of an old engineer joke. Stop me if you've heard this :)

A pessimist thinks the glass is half empty.
An optimist thinks the glass is half full.
An engineer thinks the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I crack me up 😆

Thanks guys :thumbsup::)

Reminds me of an old engineer joke. Stop me if you've heard this :)

A pessimist thinks the glass is half empty.
An optimist thinks the glass is half full.
An engineer thinks the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I crack me up 😆

I don’t get it, but that’s the funniest joke I’ve ever heard! 🤓

Back