Benchmade’s owner has passed away

3cIWIPX.jpg
Saw it on Twitter.

@Benchmade Please extend our condolences to Les' family and loved ones.

I never had any interaction with him personally, but I got the impression he was a stand up guy. He certainly built one hell of a legacy and I'm proud to have owned several of his knives.

I first met Les at the old Pacific Cutlery factory in North Hollywood, LA in 1986.
He was an amazing entrepreneur who had an enormous impact on the sporting cutlery industry. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

So sorry to hear this. RIP Les. You built a hell of a company.

My first "real" knife was a Benchmade 880BT Darkstar. There will always be a place in my pocket for a Benchmade knife.

Sad news, indeed. RIP Les, and my thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and co-workers at BMKC.

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to the deAsis family and the crew at Benchmade. I am so sorry for you loss.

JonesE

By whatever circumstance a Benchmade was in my pocket during the birth of both my sons - Benchmade 330 for my oldest & a Benchmade 940 for my youngest. Once they hit 21 I plan on giving them their birth knives. I also carried a Benchmade Emerson CQC-7 during my time in the Army. Saddened to hear of his passing, but he left one hell of a legacy in the knife world.

Last edited:
Heartfelt condolences.

I profoundly appreciate his enormous contribution to the modern knife world.

Back