Benchmade 940-1 Full Review and Testing - S90V and CF

F3A7281A-5438-4003-BAAC-615274958D14.jpeg The recess in the thumb stud is a #6 TORX. It helps to have 2 tools to remove the double stud.

Good review.
Have you ever tried using yacht braid in 5/8" . It will take many fewer cuts and when the knife is dull it will just flatten the braid.
Any grade from Samson , to West Marine house braid . Time you can not get back.

hans_guckindieluft
Pulled my 940-1501 thumb studs off to sharpen, got busy so they were off for a couple days slicing up the usual, now I'm thinking they will stay off awhile because the knifes utility is expanded without the thumb studs. Just a great pocket knife, really, not just a great BM but a great pocket knife!

Jim, Thanks for the great review, it motivated me to get one... and I have to say I am really impressed with how light this knife is. With a deep carry clip all done up shiny, it a very nice dress/office knife. Its so light in fact that I have decided its a candidate for other forms of carry, as it won't ruing the drape of a suit jacket pocket or even this...
20151125_081523 by rapt_up
Can you say shirt pocket?

Yes that's a 940-1 in my shirt pocket, no sagging or weird pulling. I am very pleased. :)

What shirt is this one?

Back