Benchmade customer service??

Wow! It only took them two weeks to respond to an email concerning a repair. :yawn: Not good Benchmade.

I NEVER use email for customer service issues with company.

Pick up the phone and call Benchmade and a real live human that speaks fluent English will answer the phone. They will be friendly, knowledgeable and will direct you to another friendly knowledgable person with the expertise to take care of your issue in a timely fashion.

In my experience Benchmade has the gold standard in customer service, not just in the knife industry, but for any product.

The several times that I have emailed Benchmade Customer Service over the past 10 years, I have always received a response very quickly--usually within a day during a business week with no holidays.

In fact, out of all of the knife manufacturers, Benchmade has been the easiest for me to deal with. This does not mean that the others were bad, though.

I guess that I have been lucky in that only one time did one of the knife manufacturers really aggravate me.

You dont even have to call or email them. Just print out the repair form thats on the Benchmade site and send the knife to them. Will usually have it back within a week from the time it arrives at the factory. If you want a reponse quickly from any company call them. I have sent emails to comanies without ever getting a response back. Why do it when a phone call is quicker and easier? In my experience with all types of appliences/guns/knives, Benchmade has the best customer service around. Always get on the phone with them quickly, very courteous staff, and will bend over backwards to get you want you want/need. CALL THEM BEFORE MAKING THREADS OF COMPLAINTS! What did you expect. There are way to many threads exactly like this. Sickening.

You dont even have to call or email them. Just print out the repair form thats on the Benchmade site and send the knife to them. Will usually have it back within a week from the time it arrives at the factory. If you want a reponse quickly from any company call them. I have sent emails to comanies without ever getting a response back. Why do it when a phone call is quicker and easier? In my experience with all types of appliences/guns/knives, Benchmade has the best customer service around. Always get on the phone with them quickly, very courteous staff, and will bend over backwards to get you want you want/need. CALL THEM BEFORE MAKING THREADS OF COMPLAINTS! What did you expect. There are way to many threads exactly like this. Sickening.

I agree 100%.

I contacted both Spyderco and Benchmade mostly out of curiousity. Told them both politely that I'm a huge advocate of their products and I would be greatful if they could send me a few decals for my welding hood at my place of work.

Spyderco contacted me about an hour after the email was sent, thanked me for my business and sent me some decals. I have yet to hear from BM, but it has only been a week.

It wasn't the most scientific test and I wouldn't use it as proof to which company has the best CS. I was really impressed by Spyderco though.

Not everyone replies quickly to e-mails. Why didn't you just call them. They are great people to talk to, and very helpful...
Is this really an issue, and is it worthy of a public dig on their customer service ? I don't think so.

Not everyone replies quickly to e-mails. Why didn't you just call them. They are great people to talk to, and very helpful...
Is this really an issue, and is it worthy of a public dig on their customer service ? I don't think so.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. If they are going to put up a CS Email, they owe it to the customers to stay on top of it. If they are going to put it on the back-burner, why even put up an email address? How is he supposed to know that they don't answer the email's in a timely manner like other companies do? I understand why he is aggravated.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. If they are going to put up a CS Email, they owe it to the customers to stay on top of it. If they are going to put it on the back-burner, why even put up an email address? How is he supposed to know that they don't answer the email's in a timely manner like other companies do? I understand why he is aggravated.

I understand the aggravation but I also understand that in this digital age things fail. We get people who jump all over us for not replying to their emails quickly. We typically end up finding out their email is in our spam folder and got buried by other spam. In this day and time you have got to give a company more than one opportunity before getting upset. If a second or third email go unanswered, or a phone call or 2 is not returned, then something is wrong. Typically when I find stuff buried in our spam mail, I jump all over it with an apology for starters, and then get to making the customer happy. I wish it did not happen but all companies are run by humans and things unfortunately get missed!

I once emailed BM CS and it was closer to 3 weeks 'til I got a reply. From that point on however, the help I got was exemplary to say the least.

I understand the aggravation but I also understand that in this digital age things fail. We get people who jump all over us for not replying to their emails quickly. We typically end up finding out their email is in our spam folder and got buried by other spam. In this day and time you have got to give a company more than one opportunity before getting upset. If a second or third email go unanswered, or a phone call or 2 is not returned, then something is wrong. Typically when I find stuff buried in our spam mail, I jump all over it with an apology for starters, and then get to making the customer happy. I wish it did not happen but all companies are run by humans and things unfortunately get missed!

I completely agree that accidents happen but BM has a reputation for not returning emails. People do seem satisfied when they do get ahold of BM but I can understand people's aggravation when BM posts a CS email and doesn't respond for weeks at a time.

Oh , I didn't realize you were the new boss around here. We can start threads about anything BM related here. So count to ten and try to deal with it.

But I did enjoy your CAPITAL LETTERS to emphasize your hilarious tone of disgust. Hahaha AWESOME 😃

To Everyone Reading This,

You need to calm yourselves down. Being antagonistic and abrasive is not going to work, you should all know that by now. Theree is nothing worth getting upset over. Keep the focus on the topic, period. Let's not go to the next level when there is clearly no need to.

I've been very fortunate I guess. The few times I have e-mailed BM, they have responded quickly. I've just found over the years it is easier to call whichever company I am trying to contact, and it is easier if they need to ask questions as well. It save from playing email tag.
Every time I have called BM, the person that answers the phone is always pleasant and helpful, and if she doesn't know the answer, she will transfer you to someone who does...

The fact that they may not respond quickly to e-mails, is in no way indicative of the overall customer service at BM though.

If there's something that's not changed it's both customer service and calling them. Whatever the issue with sending emails it's old news and there Is no issue with customer service.

The few times I have used Benchmade's CS, it has always been top notch. Never have emailed though. I am a phone call kind of guy.

I've read more than a few times that emails to Benchmade are not always responded to within a reasonable timeframe. Which tells me there has to be something to it or else people would not continue to post complaints about it. But as someone has pointed out earlier here , sometimes the emails may inadvertently get put in a spam folder and thus overlooked.

I , for one , have emailed BM numerous times over the years and I've never had to wait more than a few days for a response. So my experience with their CS has been a good one.

Last time I contacted Benchmade about replacement parts, I emailed them in the evening. Woke up to their reply saying expect the parts in two weeks. Received the parts two weeks later.

I just received a knife back from BM yesterday- I printed out the form and shipped, and got an email when they received it with a work order number. Mine just needed a little tune up and they put a great edge back on it. They had the knife 4 days. The one email I sent was answered within a few hours. Everything went pretty smooth for me.

Last edited:
Benchmade customer service is by far the best in the industry IMO. This is based on my personal experience with them and having used other company's CS also.

I actually get more annoyed when I can't call a company and talk directly to a rep and have to use e-mail. I think that you can call them, talk to a real person, and get prompt friendly service is a big plus.

I've e-mailed them also and have usually gotten prompt replies but have read a lot of reports of e-mail being unreliable or taking a long time to receive a reply. A call really seems to be the way to go.

Another thing that I think distinguishes BM CS is they seem to go out of their way to try and help you if they can instead of looking for ways or reasons not to.

Back