Bento Box Paramilitary 2 M390 coming back in stock?

Plenty of you guys are great at letting us know when you find some news on a knife, so I hope to help someone who didnt know this. On bento box shop website it says the m390 pm2 should be out this winter. I plan to buy one for sure.

If this is true....this is awesome!! I'd love to pick one up since I missed it the first time around!

Their facebook made a post about it too a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that it's true, even though I think sprint run knives should go for a premium after they are sold out, paying $350+ for fhis knife is insanity. Could be part of the reason a second run is being made, a fair bit of demand for these.

Their facebook made a post about it too a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that it's true, even though I think sprint run knives should go for a premium after they are sold out, paying $350+ for fhis knife is insanity. Could be part of the reason a second run is being made, a fair bit of demand for these.

I agree. Sprint runs I think are more for collection and admiration but also I think they should be used too if you really like a particular sprint run. I know it's a catch 22 but there are just some really cool sprint runs I'd love to use but also have an extra to keep as an investment

Bazillions im in the same boat in NY i ship to my brother in PA and he ships to me

I'll probably try to snag one of these, but if I recall correctly, they already did a first and second run, and now a third run? What about a fourth and fifth..? >_>
It's good news if you just want a legendary design in a top notch steel, but if you're a collector, it's kinda a burn. It decreases the value of the ones currently in collections.

Someone hurry up and sell one to skivic for $300 before BBS releases them again! :p
*Side note, looks like it's gonna sell for $189, which is quite a bit more than they originally sold for a few years ago, but that's less than they go for now on the secondary

Just emailed BBS and they confirmed they will ship overseas, well, to NZ anyway. I'll be in, if I'm quick enough.

These retailers don't care about collectibility, all they see are $$$. That being said, I still want one ha.

No offense to collectors since I've tried to get one at crazy prices more than once, but that's what happens when you invest so much in an exclusive instead of a sprint, the exclusive distributor is allowed to order as many batches as they want so there's no cap on exclusives. With Bento's pricing who really expected them to keep the old M390's valuable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will probably try to get another one since I sold my first one like a big dummie. The combination of the steel and that awesome blue handle material is a win for me

I've had a few of these, but I sure wouldn't mind having one to keep!

I agree. Sprint runs I think are more for collection and admiration but also I think they should be used too if you really like a particular sprint run. I know it's a catch 22 but there are just some really cool sprint runs I'd love to use but also have an extra to keep as an investment

The Bento M390 Para2 is not a sprint, but a dealer exclusive. They (dealers) come up with an idea that gets approved, in this case an M390 Bento blue G10 Para2 and pony up the cash for Spyderco to produce it. There's a minimum order, probably 600 pieces or a little less, but an unlimited amount of times that they can reorder their exclusive. Of note though is that a reorder can take a long time as there is a production queue schedule.

On actual sprint runs, Spyderco is very faithful to their policy of them being a one time release. There have been many sprints that people would love to see again, but Spyderco won't do it even at a loss of easy profit, probably in part because they understand a collector's position and the value (sentimental and money)a rare knife has.

When it comes to sprints, if I really like one I don't take a chance and buy TWO. Recent example being the Cruwear Para2... Love love love it :D

I'll probably try to snag one of these, but if I recall correctly, they already did a first and second run, and now a third run? What about a fourth and fifth..? >_>
It's good news if you just want a legendary design in a top notch steel, but if you're a collector, it's kinda a burn. It decreases the value of the ones currently in collections.

Someone hurry up and sell one to skivic for $300 before BBS releases them again! :p
*Side note, looks like it's gonna sell for $189, which is quite a bit more than they originally sold for a few years ago, but that's less than they go for now on the secondary

I'm sure BBS is aware of this so I'd be surprised if they sold this 3rd release for $189 and not more. :(
The recent Elmax exclusive was $200 and I'm sure many consider M390 a better steel, so if the M390 does come in at $189 I'd consider it a good deal.

What Im waiting for is a custom para shop. Any steel any handle combo. Would be frigging sweet.

Something like what benchmade does with the mini grip? Interesting idea. Although this is the one combo I wanted since I got into spyderco pm2s. Blue being my my favorite color in all.

Back