Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Congrats Gus, apparently Mr. Gregory did ship it out sooner than his originally scheduled Jan 3rd estimated shipping date :thumbsup:.

How mini is that Minimundo? Blade bigger than your pinkie?

It’s 7 1/4” overall, 3 1/2” tip to handle, and just under 3” cutting edge.

LLtG3mG.jpg

dPdl6Vv.jpg

0hyllN6.jpg

JwYIEZf.jpg

Nice, Gus!!!! Glad you like it.

The "Exactimundo" series of knives have a long and sordid history, of which Gus is the most recent victim.;) It's always been less about the knife, and more about the sale thread... I urge everyone to check out what I'm talking about, as I take great pride in these posts every holiday season. Here's a link to the one from Gus's wicked little blade:

MINIMUNDO - "The Next Ripoff" Exactimundo 2018

I'd strongly suggest starting at the very beginning, though... the links to all the previous sale threads are in the sale thread above. It'll also explain what Lorien was talking about. :)

It is true, I don't take orders, and only make what I want to make, as the fancy takes me. Knifemaking is a passion for me, and I genuinely want it to remain that way. Were this about money, I'd have long ago returned to my previous career - if nothing else, that made money. Only total idiots believe that knifemaking is a means of making money (amiright @Nathan the Machinist ?).:D

I keep a list of people that have expressed interest in things, and reach out to them if something I'm finishing up is akin to what they had inquired about. It's the only way I can think of to do this properly.

Really happy that you're digging that little blade, Gusbuster Gusbuster - hope it serves you well!

Below, I've posted a link to a thread that is often asked about by some of the Custom Knives forum guys. I made a promise several years ago to post it at least annually, and this year rather than post it in Custom Knives forum, I figured why not post it here, for those who may not be aware of knife history:

Buster Warenski, one of the greatest knifemakers ever to have lived (according to most), including images of some of the most expensive knives ever made. Unfortunately, several of the Darom book images were deleted by the book author, but the thread remains highly informative.......

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...hukri-tut-san-fran-scimitar-surprises.954516/

Thanks for bringing that thread up again, Bob. Viewing the work displayed there is akin to staring up at a clear night sky. The longer you stare, the smaller and more insignificant you feel in the presence of such vastness.

Simply staggering. I can’t even begin to fathom the skill and talent it took to create such works.

the tichete is a thing of beauty. It's unlike anything I've ever used in terms of feel. Doesn't ring at all, totally deadens the impact. I'm hoping for another Mecha Mecha piece one day...

the tichete is a thing of beauty. It's unlike anything I've ever used in terms of feel. Doesn't ring at all, totally deadens the impact. I'm hoping for another Mecha Mecha piece one day...

Is it heavy enough to bite very deep, or is it more about speed (velocity squared term is bigger than the mass term), and less fatigue?

Is it heavy enough to bite very deep, or is it more about speed (velocity squared term is bigger than the mass term), and less fatigue?

it's light and fast, its appleseed grind bites super deep and it's so easy to control. Will never rust, which is a major perk this time of year. I think I'm going to attach a solid handle at some point

Back