Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

GTVnGX8.jpg
This old O1 and Blackwood Fiddleback Sneaky Pete has some patina going.

I'm tempted, reeaally tempted to force a patina on my Gayle Bradley 2. I hear raw steak/beef blood does a good job. Maybe mustard and/or vinegar. I may wait until it starts it's own patina and then force it.

I'm tempted, reeaally tempted to force a patina on my Gayle Bradley 2. I hear raw steak/beef blood does a good job. Maybe mustard and/or vinegar. I may wait until it starts it's own patina and then force it.

I'm a big fan of the natural patina m4 develops. Definitely not as quick as something like 52100 or O1, but it'll get there. :thumbsup:

Here are a few of my folders. I really need to slim down my collection, there are probably (10) not pictured. Plus all my fixed blades.
IMG_20170815_033003272_HDR.jpg
Love the micarta on the 0562. Nice collection.. you sanded the 0550 and 0566?

I love the 562 w/ that scale, it fits perfectly in my hand. The 550 and 566 are both stock, no mods other than normal use. I have an anzo style micarta scale for the 566, just haven't put it on yet.

Very nice! That ironwood has a great grain pattern.

How do you like ZT's M390? I'm a fan of that steel, but haven't had it on any ZT models.

Very nice! That ironwood has a great grain oattern.

How do you like ZT's M390? I'm a fan of that steel, but haven't had it on any ZT models.

In my use it has been very comparable to ZTs Elmax. I don't think they heat treat to a high enough hardness to really be able to take full advantage of the steel.

Yeah raw beef works real good, tends to give O1 a bluish hue.:thumbsup:
q2Xfz3q.jpg

Fiddleback Padre in O1

Last edited:
I love Cocobolo! My friends here on the CPK forum know my grail knife is Nathan's Nasty Double Edged Fighter.
jAnxwGy.jpg

I have also collected a few Cocobolos from Fiddleback, and my custom S&W Boot Grip from Craig Spegel.
SwWBvYK.jpg

jtBRbry.jpg
WqQr503.jpg
x6CE0FF.jpg
Yes Nathan should seriously consider offering the Double edged Fighter again-Beautiful, and Congratulations!!

I have never really tried to force a patina. But I have found cutting large amounts of raw potatoes results in a nice natural gray weathered finish.
IMG_2435-XL.jpg
Our 15's saw a lot of use already. More so before we started making knives. But I still grab mine for food prep in camp and kitchen. I would prefer without the choil... I like the swept tip design for the type slicing you described.

Our 15's saw a lot of use already. More so before we started making knives. But I still grab mine for food prep in camp and kitchen. I would prefer without the choil... I like the swept tip design for the type slicing you described.

Yes sir!

The 15 rocks as a Camp Knife,
IMG_2327-XL.jpg

It has helped me build many camp meals,
IMG_2328-XL.jpg

Makes me hungry just thinking about it,
IMG_2335-XL.jpg

Breakfast out doors is about as good as it gets for me,
IMG_2338-XL.jpg

And it blows the doors off most breakfast places I try,
IMG_2340-XL.jpg

Back