Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I use a kukuri style blade almost everyday at work to clear brush and lanes to our monitoring wells. It's an American style blade though and it chops very similar to any traditional Nepalese kukuri. Very weight forward, ergonomic grip and generates lots of power in the arc of the swing!

Er0qz3p.jpg

h2hLPOz.jpg

You Hunter was the one made just before mine! Primary difference is the grey micarta on mine vs white on yours, and some chamfering I requested.

Very nice selection Sir!

How do you like the sheath?

You have excellent taste! The sheath is great, he definitely makes one that will last. Not as refined as many but very serviceable! His sheaths are getting better and better. I have an O1 blade he made last year and the sheath was a little rough by comparison though still some good work! His O1 rocks! If you haven't tried it, you should!

those Nepalese khuks are probably in the 54-56 range and the spines are always tempered way back, so they deaden vibration pretty well due to that. In my experience, when they break, it's at the bolster, (if hidden tang)
I like the theory you mentioned, because it can be tested scientifically. Probably will never happen, but it could. Maybe it has?

here's another one I drew up, (the Stukuri) that Stuart Branson made
There is a legend that no Kukri has been broken in battle. The spine behind the Cho is almost 3/8". It is going to take a lot of force to break it.

Any chance for you to work with Nate to release one CPK Kukri? :)

There is a legend that no Kukri has been broken in battle. The spine behind the Cho is almost 3/8". It is going to take a lot of force to break it.

Any chance for you to work with Nate to release one CPK Kukri? :)

I've broken several khuks- not in battle, but in bushes

As for a CPK khuk, that's completely up to Nate, who is completely up to his eyeballs in work so don't expect an answer to that request any time soon

I will admit that I generally have had no interest I traditional Kukris... Then I saw an RMJ Kukri and my mind is changing.

If I was up North (CA) were we have a lot more taller shrubs, I would like to acquire a Kukri. As it is down South, the City takes care of all the overgrown shrubs because of fire hazard. I'm not gonna get my hands dirty unnecessarily!

Less than a couple months and a tad under $300, basic hand stitched leather sheath included. Robert is currently underrated. He just finished a new shop, can't wait to see what he comes out with once benches are built, and everything is ready to go.

Peters did the HT @61. I'm waiting to hear the details on what protocol they used. Not expecting Delta, for the record.

Can't see this being anything but an awesome value and great piece.

I have a Nessmuk from Robert that is superb! He's making a kitchen knife for my wife right now in Nitro V.. I can't wait to post pictures of it!

20170926_1805481.jpg Marcus Lin, Loveless drop point hunter. Started as a safe queen, but the feel in the hand. Kept calling me, I could not take it, had to make her a user. Love it.

Late to the party, but Matt Easton has made a few videos regarding the Kukri notch. Here's one for anyonr interested:

the fact that this guy discounted the blood dripping thing right off the bat, and yet gave credence to the possibility of it being used to make arrows or somesuch makes me think he's talking out of his ass, lol

don't watch this if you don't want to see animals being decapitated.

the fact that this guy discounted the blood dripping thing right off the bat, and yet gave credence to the possibility of it being used to make arrows or somesuch makes me think he's talking out of his ass, lol

If you knew anything about him, you wouldn't say that

I'm not sure I see the link beteeen chopping some animals heads off and blood dripping down the blade in this video. I don't see any blood on the blade, the guys wiping it etc.

Edit: I've seen a blade, well I've seen a sword used for actual decapitation several times with no blood dripping down it. I've never seen one with a lot of blood on it unless it was a medium sized knife that took sawing and hacking to remove the head. Then there was blood all over. Like hands and everything. So that cutout thing would be useless in that case. Unless it was a movie, then blood on the sword of course.

Last edited:
Back