Best Case for Outdoors, hunting, and fishing?

KEN 44....very interesting about the deer population there...They are a noxious pest here in NZ and we hunt them 365 days a year with no limits or fees....I used these tother day on a RED...The CASE hunter worked fine.....FES

Thats almost the way they are here now. People just don't hunt like they once did. They've added days here, and increased the limit of does you can harvest. I've hit about five on my road over the years, and I watch them in my yard almost every night.
I'll never get to, but I've always wanted to see your beautiful country.

How are the Copperlock models?

One of my favorite patterns, and feel they would work very well also. But they are hard to find in anything other than their SS. Their SS is OK, but I prefer their CV and premium steels.

I have a large Copperlock in CV, and one with ATS-34. The CV's have yellow derlin and made in the late 90's. The Case Cattaraugus ATS-34 was made in 2004, and only 250 were made.

The large Case Trapper in CV, or the Case folding Hunter. Can't go wrong with either.

My father was raised during the depression and I guess he got used to eating wild game. He rarely ate any other type of meat.
He killed deer each year along with turtles, squirrel, quail, and also kept a rabbit box in the woods behind our house. We also always had fish on hand as the river was just down the road, mainly catfish and sunfish. He always used a Trapper.

The Case Trapper has cleaned more deer than any other. Yes, even more than the Buck 110 since that is a much more recent knife.
The Deer here in the south were about wiped out durring the depression and the decade that followed, and the 110 was not around then. They brought deer up from the GA islands and some from Wisconsin. It took a long time, but by the early 80's deer were thriving again. I've also used a large Trapper on many deer, though I went to a fixed blade about 30 years ago.

My father had 9 brothers, and most all of them used Trappers too, and so did most others I knew of.

Interesting reading. I was going to recommend the Trapper myself as I have used them myself but Kens post gives the Trapper a lot of credibility as a hunting and fishing knife. Can't really argue with folks who have used them year around to help feed themselves.

Jim

I would recommend a full size trapper. Case introduced it almost 100 years ago, so I think it's proven itself. Good, full size, hard using knife.

Back