Best Combination Pen/PDA Stylus?

Well, I got my Fisher telescoping pen, my Retro 51 data pen, and my Lamy Tri-pen all yesterday. Due to an error in the engraving, the Lamy is going back to Stylus Central to be replaced (and I am getting some free refills to cover shipping, so it is all good). My impressions of all three are very favourable.

The Retro is a great small pen. About the size of the telescoping Fisher. Just has a pen and stylus, but it also has a clip (a very durable one I might add). It is a great one for carrying when you have your PDA with you, but don't want to carry a full size pen (the telescoping Fisher is great for if you aren't carrying your PDA) It's tapered shape makes it feel like a bigger pen than it is. It is very comfortable in the hand.

The Lamy looks and writes beautifully. Strangely, I think it would feel better if it were slightly heavier. The twist action is nice with detents at the points where the pen/pencil/stylus is fully extended, but not the in between points where it is retracted. All in all, a nice pen, but overpriced at $50.

So in my experience, the Yafa (at $18) and the Retro Data Pen (at $18 + shipping) are the best deals for the money. In fact, the Yafa has grown on me alot. It is very comforatble and attractive to the eye as well. The Lamy is nice, but pricey for what you get.

Will get some pics of all the pens up here soon...

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

View

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

And here is the caption. From Left to Right:

Yafa Quadra Pen; Sensa Pen; Fisher Astronaut (the cheaper model); Retro 51 Tornado Pen; Retro 51 Data pen; Fisher Telescoping Pen

The Lamy is on it's way back to be replaced so it did not make this pic.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Back