Best custom tactical knife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paracelsus, we have the beginnings of a Mutual Admiration Society...

But seriously thank you for the compliment, I like to think that I am contributing something not just typing BS.

And you are right, they are on the same side, biting deep, but on the same side.

Tim Herman makes quite a beasutiful knife, not my cup of tea, but Yowsa.....

Les Robertson is making it happen for makers and himself, and magazines tell that story well.

But hey, strong words for strong men, so be it. My only advice would to that they shoule be willing to shake hands afterward and look each other in the eye when they pass on the street. If you can do that, someday, you may be throwing punches on the same side of the bar brawl.

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye, Cd'A ID, USA mdpoff@hotmail.com

Resolution By Division(c) Innovative Cutlery Solutions
http://www.geocities.com/mdpoff/rbd.html

Allen Blade Custom Knives
http://www.geocities.com/mdpoff/allenblade.html

"We will either find a way, or make one." Hannibal, 210 B.C.

Mike :

The personal attacks are getting deep again and Les, as usual, you are spear heading them

Hardly. This is akin to saying you are the chairman of the "Mad Dog defamation league" which would be unfair as you are simply stating what happened. Les comes into a thread and states his opinion clearly with supporting facts being very blunt as usual. This offends some who respond with off topic attacks which add nothing to the discussion. After that Les did get a little personal but this was in responce to a much more direct attack.

I have never had a problem with Les, even when he was poking at me because he is forthright and will deal with the relevant issues . My agreement or disagreement with him is not relevant to my opinion of him and infact usually we disagree as we have a different base usage and techniques.

I will state very clearly if this was being discussed in the forum I moderate
this thread would have been locked, a copy started up referencing it so the discussion could be continued and both Tim Herman and TomW would have recieved emails from me telling them to stay out of it unless they intended to refrain from attacking Les.

As for not posting "insider info", I don't get this at all. Allen Blade has posted lots of info on MD knives for example which has cleared up a lot of issues about durability. Without this there would be speculation, with it there is a logical argument that can be made. Unless you are under a legal or personal contract I don't see the problem.

In any case, what is the insider info here? As far as I can see Les is using the information that he is obtained from selling/buying to make statements about monetary issues, this is no different from me using my background to make performance statements.

Way back to the question at hand, it seems as of late every post I read by Jerry makes me want to get one of his designs. I am not into fighters though, so the above pictured blade does nothing for me though I can appreciate its attraction to those that are.

Another name who comes to mind is R. J. Martin, I have exchanged emails with him lately and have come away being very impressed mainly with his analysis of blade steel and other influences on performance. Les what kind of a wait is on his work (roughly) if I wanted a customized model?

-Cliff

Back to the original intent of this post-

I would say the best 3 tactical knives on the planet are (in no special order)-

Jerry Fisk Pit Boss.
Walter Brend #2, in D2
Jim Siska 7" CPM 3V Vangaurd (although i havent handled this particular model yet). Ive owned a similar model and loved it.

Wow, all the heavy hitters are here now....

Ok, I've looked over the pages in question, and read through this thread, and I've got a few comments to make before I close this here and now.

1. I find myself agreeing with Les in regards to the hype of the original knives in question. Some of the designs by this maker are very nice, but I agree with the comments of the pointed guard, and some other points made.

2. I find the comments about whether or not Tim's work actually sells (and whether pins are any good) to be off topic, or at least on the wrong thread entirely.

3. There's too much mudslinging going on in this thread. Just like Les doesn't have the right to bash either Tom or Tim, neither does Tom or Tim have the right to bash Les.

4. Whatever arguments the three of you have regarding how well your products sell / what discount you get for selling dealer X's product, and whether or not you lend prestige to an event should probably at this point be handled via private email.

5. If you want to discuss any of the issues that have come up here in a seperate thread, feel free, however this thread has gotten to the point where very little is being discussed productively.

With that, I'm closing the thread, and hoping that you guys will start another one about the "Best Custom Tactical Knife" out there.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back