Votes: 23 20.9%
  • BM Griptillian

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • PM2

Votes: 43 39.1%
  • PM3

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Seems there are some of these threads already, but with new releases, etc. I'll add poll choices as people post, but for now I'm just grabbing the usuals off the top of my head.

Thanks as always!

I voted PM2 due to the price range. I think it and the griptillian are equal in function and fun but the factory PM2 scales are nicer than the non g-10 griptillian handles. I'm a sucker for the g10 griptillian though.

I went Delica just because you can pick up several for the price of one PM2 and not feel bad about beating the crap out of them. They're excellent slicers and made well. Fit well in hand and a good size for most EDC tasks, without being too scary looking or unwieldy.

Delica is a pure EDC knife. The other knives are good knives but not highly edc'able. For example the pm2 and manix2 are large in the pocket and large blades too.

I mean you can EDC anything you like let's be honest. But on a mass scale of things... That's really the only true option here.

I don't have a delica right now. It's a great knife. I carry mostly larger knives and EDC them all. But boy do I wish I had a delica most of the time for most tasks.

i have a pm2 and manix2 and they are great knives. just not EDC knives. i mean you could EDC them without much issue if thats for YOU. but when its all said and done, when you look afar at the larger picture, they are NOT edc knives what so ever.

Last edited:
I voted Delica because out of all of those it's the best suited for true EDC. The PM's are just kinda chunky, Manix is a pocket hog(so I've heard, never held one) and the Grip I had was hard to get around in the pocket. However, I'd rather go with a BM 940. More then enough length for the majority of tasks and fairly slim and light in the pocket.

Manix every time. That I don't own one right now seems like kind of a mystery to me, but I suppose it's because I don't need a dedicated work knife anymore. The S110v Manix LW is not just an amazing utility knife "for the price", but an amazing utility knife and it's priced really well. When I was working retail, it was the only knife that was still -very- sharp after full a day of cutting reinforced tape and cardboard.

Manix every time. That I don't own one right now seems like kind of a mystery to me, but I suppose it's because I don't need a dedicated work knife anymore. The S110v Manix LW is not just an amazing utility knife "for the price", but an amazing utility knife and it's priced really well. When I was working retail, it was the only knife that was still -very- sharp after full a day of cutting reinforced tape and cardboard.

:thumbsup: This.

hj9G18U.jpg

PM2 for the best all-around, mid-sized comfortable EDC with a strong blade and a strong locking system.

But it depends what EDC profile you're looking for.

Best sub 3" inch blade in your range, to allow for local knife laws? Native 5. Blade measure at 2 15/16", great all-purpose blade in S35vn for $86 (https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP...ife-s35vn-satin-plain-blade-black-frn-handles).

Best 4" blade for a big beefy folder in your range? Cold Steel Recon 1. Just got the new spear point one for $95 from GPKnives, loving it.

Delica is a pure EDC knife. The other knives are good knives but not highly edc'able. For example the pm2 and manix2 are large in the pocket and large blades too.

I mean you can EDC anything you like let's be honest. But on a mass scale of things... That's really the only true option here.

I don't have a delica right now. It's a great knife. I carry mostly larger knives and EDC them all. But boy do I wish I had a delica most of the time for most tasks.

i have a pm2 and manix2 and they are great knives. just not EDC knives. i mean you could EDC them without much issue if thats for YOU. but when its all said and done, when you look afar at the larger picture, they are NOT edc knives what so ever.
You're all over the place in this one, lol.

While I recognize the merits of the Delica, quite frankly, it's just too small for me to consider using regularly; so if that's the only true option, I'm screwed.
My thoughts about the PM2 have been expressed ad nauseam, so I'll skip over that and say the Griptilian...and I've never even held one in hand. (I like the Manix; but not enough to EDC it...and mine is the M4 version)
The reality is that I'd be more likely to EDC my old Kershaw Vapor II than any of the knives mentioned. That's just my opinion... but, when it comes down to the knife going into MY pocket, mine is the opinion that matters.
(Of course, since I have put better scales on a few PM2s, I don't mind admitting that I carry them periodically)

*edited to add lol

Last edited:
For me, it boiled down to the PM2 or Griptilian. I went with the Grip.
In some ways, the PM2 is a better knife than Benchmade's Griptilian series but,
when you factor in blade shapes, steel options and, scale selections from Benchmade, IMHO, the PM2 comes up short.

I just could not go for it for a few reasons:
1. The blade tip is not the best when compared to the Griptilian.
2. PM2 seems to take up too much pocket real estate.
3. Over all design not as "sheeple friendly" as a 551 Griptilian.

I like the PM2 and I want to like it enough to buy one. Right now I just can't do it.
The Para 3 falls short because it really is not a baby PM2. That is what many of us were waiting for and not what Spyderco delivered.

Give me a PM2 1/2. Something between the Para3 and a PM2. That would bring a smile to my face.

Last edited:
It really depends on the person's EDC.

I feel like for the average person a Delica hits all the marks. Anyone who says a PM2 because Delica is too small must have big hands :D or more likely they prefer larger knives to begin with.

I feel like for the average person a Delica hits all the marks. Anyone who says a PM2 because Delica is too small must have big hands :D or more likely they prefer larger knives to begin with.
As the most recent person in this thread to say the Delica is too small, I'll chime in (again) even though I didn't say PM2. I wear extra large gloves (except nitriles - which I wear large). I do not, however, have sausage fingers. While I do carry a traditional pocket knife that is smaller than a delica, I consider the delica too small for me. It is just an awkward size (again, for me). I am also not a fan of back locks, as they eliminate the option of one handed operation. (And, if I want a small knife that requires two hands, I like my traditionals better than the delica.)
I also prefer (somewhat) larger knives, when it comes to the moderns I carry. I consider a 3.25" blade small... and I usually find small handles awkward and less comfortable. I don't balk at knives listed at 5-8 oz... in fact, they're some of my favorites. My preferred blade length is 3.5-3.75"; but I can go up or down a quarter inch for the right knife.
I love my ZT0200; but the Military is too long, and the Bodega is "too big". Weird, I know.

In that price range, I'd go with the plain jane Griptilian. Second would be a Manix 2 LW.

Back