Best fixed blade SOG in your opinion?

hey everyone! I'm going camping soon and i was wondering what's the best SOG fixed blade that you guys use?

No folders or powerlocks because i will have separate screw drivers and everything.

I thought the SOG Seal team elite was pretty cool! what do you guys think? I think an edge without serrations (is that called a straight edge?) looks nice :)

what are the serrations really there for?

I have bought a couple of Seal Team's .
that knife is art.

smooth and sharp.to me it is way more of a beauty than the Seal Team Elite.
which I 'had' also.

but it is all a matter of taste.a 7 inch blade-knife makes some cutting tasks easier than a smaller blade in my opinion.
think of big vegeables or larger fruit.

yeah thats true...

how about the tech bowie? hows the experience with that knife during outdoor use?

oooh alright..i like the simplicity of the Tech bowie:) it looks like a good old hunting knife lol

choose that one then:)
follow your feelings and thoughts.not what others think about it.it is a very nice knife indeed .

I see on forums people saying Ratknives are best and this and that.
and Tops is too expensive and all that.
I like the Entrek Merc very much for example.I like Sog knives, especially a beauty like the Seal Team .or tops knives,Screaming Eagle.
it's all a matter of taste.most are good for many tasks.cutting, hacking etc.
I dont like the snobbism which some seem to show towards brands which aren't their preference.

oh yeah ! haha i know eh...always smashing the other brands.. .alright! i think i'm gonna get the tech bowie then :) i have the SOG throwing knives, but i'm dont wanna throw them LOL

edit: i forgot to say thanks, so thank you everyone! ^^

Last edited:
it is a beautiful classic type of blade Tech Bowie.

you don't want to throw your throwing knives?
maybe throw throwaway lighters then.those are cheaper to loose them %-P

Tech bowie very nice,if you can get the plain edge seal pup elite now so you can take them bolth camping.o-yes you will buy another and another!!! but you will need a sharpner (spyderco tri angle sharpmaker)

Microtech Currahee in D2 steel. At $175 no SOG can compete (actually no SOG at any price can).

yeahhh! i just got my paycheck today so im gonna head out to buy the tech bowie : D thanks for the help guys!

Out of all the SOG lineup, I think I'd take Robbie Roberson...I MEAN THE HUNTER REVOLVER. Oops. Me and Robbie are just friends. Nothing more.

i love you Robbiemuffin.

I'M JUST JOKING!. Really though, the Hunter Revolver would prolly be my first choice. As far as an all around camp knife goes, that Revolver is pretty much spot on.

thanks i will haha

when i first heard of the revolver, it caught my attention really a well haha :thumbup: but im just looking for a big knife :cool: take care everyone!

Back