Best fixed blade SOG in your opinion?

yeahhh hhe he im setting aside 160 dollars for the tech bowie, and im gonna use like 300 dollars to beef up my recurve bow lol

Gov-Tac IMO. Looks and feels superb. It's also razor sharp and a very good self defence knife. It will pierce anything. The special groves in the blade will make it easy to get your knife out of the flesh (I thought).
I must say that I also like the handle, the kraton feels really nice and SOG gave it a nice shape. I only don't know where the screw on the bottom of the handle is for. Maybe it holds the blade or something, I didn't get it open.

Ow, and the thumb control ridges on the blade are also nice to give you more control.

As long as you don't use it for prying (lol, see my topic) this will give you anything you want in a fixed blade. A very good tactical knife which I would use (and will use if I have it back) to defend myself on my property and to cut wood in the woods.

oooh i see :) thats cool! i remember using this 10 dollar knife i bought at canadian tire before and the tip like...bent when i tried to use it as a screw driver LOL

Great to see the love for the Tech Bowie (makes me feel even better as an owner). Still got my satin finished special edition from 2005; been on many a trip down the east coast of Australia. Handled everything from inland treks to beachside getaways to even some occasional scuba diving. Though over time there has been some corrosion to clean up, it has held up beautifully. On a side note though, the belt lock system of the kydex sheath recently became brittle and broke so I am looking to get a new system in place.

Back