1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Best keychain knife 2017

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by brasileiro, Oct 28, 2017.

1. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    brasileiro likes this.
  2. panoz77

panoz77

Feb 3, 2007
    2.8 oz and 3.25 in closed, not very big to me.

I will be as soon as it arrives ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. josh yu

josh yu

Jun 14, 2017
    don't see a mention of this yet, spyderco roadie does it for me

[​IMG]

L.H.S and brasileiro like this.
  4. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    SAK Alox Mini Champ

brasileiro likes this.
  5. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005

Very cool!
    Not Surprisingly a design
    that is still considerably attractive
    despite it's near classic status.

brasileiro likes this.
  6. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Man I had one of thse black Tekna knives long ago.

brasileiro likes this.
  7. brasileiro

brasileiro

Aug 26, 2011
    I carry a Spyderco Grasshopper on my Haines keychain.
    On my car keychain I carry Spyderco Bug and Spyderco Honeybee.
    Im thinking to change the Honeybee and Bug with Grasshopper and try Kershaw Chive in place.
    Chive have almost same size but is wider, have frame lock, clip and is assisted opening.

8. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Why the redundancy? Just curious...

brasileiro likes this.
  9. brasileiro

brasileiro

Aug 26, 2011
    Spyderco was my first keychain knife brand and I liked it not just about design but the size. Usually when I like a thing I use to stick with it and I liked Spyderco quality.
    Many other knifes that are currently on market we don’t have in Brazil, so some 3 months to reach me then... “Oh no! It’s not the same quality...”
    I use to go to YouTube to watch reviews and many of my opinion (now) is formed by knowledgement I reach here on BF.
    I know there is a lot of good, excelent, supreme and ultimate knifes around there, and I’m changing my mind. My first step was replace my Tenacious with a Ontario Rat 2. I also was looking for a Cold Steel Recon 1 spear point to a more tough job but again I heard isn’t a good knife and back to Spyderco, the military in the case.
    Now I’m looking for ZT 0220 which I read good feedbacks.
    But back to the keychain...
    Actually I’m thinking take off Honeybee and Bug from my car keychain and put the Grasshopper that I have on my house keychain in place, then in my house keychain put the Chive.
    But I’m opening my mind to another brands, shapes...

10. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    This Italian piclock switch isn't the most practical knife but it surprised me how well made it is. Purely a novelty though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  11. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    Haven't kept up on this thread, but what about the Spyderco Lady/Man bug in Hap40?