Best Looking Spyderco

I’m actually in the same boat as ucfgrad93.

For some perspective, I think the PM2 and Native 5 are some of the best looking Spyderco’s.
Wow, i guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I've always thought the PM2 is one of the most bland and boring spydies ever. Blade to handle ratio always gave it a stumpy look, and boring grind/g10 puts me to sleep. I've always felt the vallotton has that classic buck110 bolster look combined with that old school stiletto look. But this is why we there is something out there for everyone :)

I'm curious to know an example of a good looking knife in your opinion? I'm not being sarcastic, i'm genuinely curious since you have taste at the opposite end of the spectrum.

I like the Sage 5, Native 5, Griptilians, Sebenzas, etc.

I’m going to say that the mirror stonewash on the Southard’s blade is one of the nicest looking blades Spyderco has ever put out. I am also fond of the looks of the PPT. I quite like the looks of the Techno aswell. The Szabo designs are beautiful too, love the Szabofly. However if I had to pick one sexy Spydie folder to rule them all it would be the yet unreleased Slysz Swayback! I think the Shabaria is quite beautiful aswell. Then there is the original Starmate.

They have so many handsome folders actually.

In terms of fixed blades I really love the long discoed Spyderco Kumo. With the new Darn Dao and Respect they are adding some serious sexiness to their line up.

Wow, i guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I've always thought the PM2 is one of the most bland and boring spydies ever. Blade to handle ratio always gave it a stumpy look, and boring grind/g10 puts me to sleep. I've always felt the vallotton has that classic buck110 bolster look combined with that old school stiletto look. But this is why we there is something out there for everyone :)
That’s right! Thanks for sharing.

I must just have similar tastes as ucfgrad93 because I’m also a fan of Sage and Sebenza aesthetics.

One confused old dog. One sexy knife.
X3uTcZY.jpg

Beautiful dog.

During my Spyderco addiction time I collected some great pictures. None of them are mine.
Kopas by WhyNot
Kopas7-101.jpg
Shabaria By WhyNot

shabariam3jt9.jpg

I am sorry, I do not remember who is the author, but I love the picture. This is Viele2.

Viele 21.jpg

During 40 years Spyderco made quite a few really beautiful knives

Few Schempps, also by WhyNot

Schempps small.jpg

So, after my post in November I’ve been haunted. I just couldn’t get the Hungarian out of my mind. My wish came true today.

View attachment 837213

OUTSTANDING!!!:D

....so what do you think about the ergos on the Hungarian? There's nothing else in the lineup that duplicates the "feel" of the Hungarian as far as I can tell. The word "underrated" gets throw around a lot, but it would 100% apply to this hidden gem.

As for the Schempp, I'll say this...The Schempp model that I don't like hasn't been crafted yet. ;)

PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne the Hungarian is amazing and totally exceeds my expectations! It feels fantastic in hand in a very unique way that is an amalgam of shape, weight, balance, and materials (polished G-10).

It’s so classy, but at the same time says, “Use me. Use me hard.”

I way overspent on knives last year (Really? That’s unheard of around here. ;)) and second guessed myself before, during, and especially after making the purchase. Nope. I called this one right. I’m really glad I picked up a Hungarian! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ETA As for the Schempp Bowie, as a user, it’s surprisingly better than expected.

All these in this thread are great. I don't have any pretty knives nor can I take a picture worth a damn but I have to say that originally spyderco was seen as a pretty ugly brand and they didn't gain much traction. I wonder when they turned around 70% of their knives are beautiful (and none of those are FRN) without any modifications. This is opposed to other manufacturers that it's only their most expensive entries. It must have a lot to do with the precision, high quality materials, and relative simplicity as you eye has an easy time following the curve on the top and bottom without seizing on unmatching gashes. Also the exposed ball lock and wire clip are really damn cool.

No offense, but I find most Spydercos unattractive. That said, I own several and really like them for the innovation, quality and function! Some I do think look pretty good would include the Terzuola, K2, South Fork and especially like the GB2. Ok looking for me would include Military, PM2, JD Smith, Slysz Bowie and Chokwe. Last place would be the “so ugly it’s cool” category with the Dodo and Tuff (I want one bad)!

Last edited:
So, after my post in November I’ve been haunted. I just couldn’t get the Hungarian out of my mind. My wish came true today.

View attachment 837213

I shamelessly copied this from a fb post of another member from one of the groups, he reground one of his Hungarians; I really admire this, it reminds me a bit of the Barong but with upgrades...

YHsHungarian.jpg

The brend/pirela mamba has gott be the thickest blade on a folder ever, but it looks from pics like the most beautiful knife ever! I was 2 seconds late on a K2, it sold out before I could finish checking out, and the Hungarian folder are to a non owner the best-looking spydies I’ve seen. Budget, bad luck, and timing have kept each of these out of my pocket.

Has Spyderco Mamba be mentioned? It is a big, beefy yet not overweight knife with beautiful lines and absolutely top quality fit and finish.

X1Fskxr.jpg

Last edited:
Back