Best made Axes

Apparently there's a thing called vimeo, ( have to have the app to watch ) and on there is a shot for shot spoof of a bestmade axes video where the founder talks about when he started the company.

That is the funniest thing I have watched since the Best in Show movie that spoofs dog shows.
Thank you for posting that!

Nothing better than doing everything it takes to get out the door in the morning to then have a minute, check the forum and have a great laugh!

If you guys didn't tell me different, I would have assumed the best made dude was just a farse as well...

Thanks for the laugh this morning

I know we're laughing at their marketing strategy but they do have an office, have specifically instructed Council to stamp B.M. on their orders and so far seem to be operating a viable business. Presumably they're banking on there being well-heeled and naive customers amongst the million folks world-wide that might be seeking out a 'pretty' axe for whatever reason. One of the B. M. founders was on this forum a few years ago describing how fussy they were about grain orientation and runout on their handles.

I know we're laughing at their marketing strategy but they do have an office, have specifically instructed Council to stamp B.M. on their orders and so far seem to be operating a viable business. Presumably they're banking on there being well-heeled and naive customers amongst the million folks world-wide that might be seeking out a 'pretty' axe for whatever reason. One of the B. M. founders was on this forum a few years ago describing how fussy they were about grain orientation and runout on their handles.
It takes a lot of balls to open axe store in Manhattan in the middle of Depression. However, they make weird choices and it might bite them in the butt. For example, their new wool cruiser jacket has Corduroy(assume cotton) liner. Properties of cotton and wool contradict each other https://www.bestmadeco.com/products/wool-cruiser?taxon_id=1159

It takes a lot of balls to open axe store in Manhattan in the middle of Depression. However, they make weird choices and it might bite them in the butt. For example, their new wool cruiser jacket has Corduroy(assume cotton) liner. Properties of cotton and wool contradict each other https://www.bestmadeco.com/products/wool-cruiser?taxon_id=1159
Some 15 years ago die-hard Jaguar X type buyers were suckered in to buying gussied-up Ford Contours for twice the price. For them to have all Best Made products in the garage and closet would be no biggie.

Some 15 years ago die-hard Jaguar X type buyers were suckered in to buying gussied-up Ford Contours for twice the price. For them to have all Best Made products in the garage and closet would be no biggie.
I've just imagined crowds of hipsters buying 4x4 Toyota Prius with winch, BMC wood trim and gear stick in shape of Master Plunger :)

Last edited:
I've just imagined crowds of hipsters buying 4x4 Toyota Prius with winch, BMC wood trim and gear stick in shape of Master Plunger :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see electric or hybrid electric 4x4 trucks within 5 years that have comparable power, payload and range as current gas and diesel full size trucks. It's coming. The auto makers are fully embracing it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see electric or hybrid electric 4x4 trucks within 5 years that have comparable power, payload and range as current gas and diesel full size trucks. It's coming. The auto makers are fully embracing it.
Sure, and the first day off the Tesla, GM, Ford or Dodge (or even Bombardier) dealer's lot that miracle 4X4EV will be able to travel 500 miles on smooth pavement and the following day 495. If you use it enough within a year the darn thing won't be able to go around the block without having to deploy the $ optional rooftop 'emergency recharge' solar panels. I've owned enough cordless battery-powered gear over the past 32 years to know this upcoming transportation revolution is going to follow the same path. "Get out your wallet" and become inured to investing in $5-10-15K battery packs at whatever battery swap interval (semi-annually/annual/bi-annual) etc you personally choose. Electric motors are 100% efficient but the means to power them is not!

They better crap some charging station infrastructure pretty quick, or it'll be a short love affair. And it won't be like getting gas, which takes minutes, so the charging stations will be acres in size.

Wow! All sorts of strange suspension and tire noises you couldn't hear before over the roar of a huge internal combustion engine.

Back