Best production Kershaw currently

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Goofcat, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Goofcat

Goofcat

Jan 8, 2020
    I know it’s not was sexy to talk about cheaper knives. But in your opinion, what is the best Kershaw out there today?

I really like the bareknuckle.

InfamousMS and Dadpool like this.
  2. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I’m still a big fan of the Blur. Add a deep carry clip and it’s a great EDC. I carry one often.

The Knockout is also good and has a great blade profile.

Link cuts great but it’s kinda bulky. Solid build though.

Leek is a smaller option and comes in a nice variety. I like it and the Dividend, with the Dividend getting a slight nod due to a more comfortable handle option with the composite version.

3. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    @Goofcat don't worry if it's popular or not. Kershaw has some great budget options, especially with the higher end steels if you don't mind the extra cash. The Bareknuckle is a home run, as are the Dividend and the Link. I think the 2 latter models are offered in M390! Hard to complain about that!

GotSteel, WValtakis and mqqn like this.
  4. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm gonna have to say the quad 7 Bareknuckle. It's a great looking design, and the KVT bearings make it a great manual flipper.

I've been a sub-framelock fan since KAI introduced it so that's a plus. And the standard model comes in 14C28N, which I've had nothing but positive experience with.

I actually carried my Bareknuckle today, but it was a little dressed up:

[​IMG]

woodysone, mqqn, ErocSD and 1 other person like this.
  5. jaseman

jaseman Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 28, 2016
    For me, it’s gotta be the Leek. It may not be heavy duty, or come in the latest-greatest super duper steel, but it does what it’s designed to do flawlessly. As a smaller, lightweight, unassuming EDC, it’s really tough to beat. It’s like the Mazda Miata of the knife world.

woodysone, Yimes, jmh33 and 1 other person like this.
  6. stonproject

stonproject

Nov 22, 2013
    I've read that the detent is pretty stiff on the bareknuckle. Is that accurate in your experience?

7. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m still partial to the Skyline, although I rarely carry one anymore.
    713A592D-FE74-4135-870A-261DA435A28A.jpeg
    I really like my copper Natrix also.

8. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Since it was my first "expensive" knife and the only one I carried everyday for a few years until I went down the rabbit hole, I'll have to go with the Leek.

Granted, I haven't bought a Kershaw in 4 or 5 years I still own that Leek and will always cherish it. It's pretty much a safe queen now.

jmh33 likes this.
  9. metsfan

metsfan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Overall, I’d probably say the Bareknuckle BUT if assisted ain’t a problem, I’d say Dividend.

There are plenty of options available, and don’t overlook their imports either. The Decimus is a really good one as is the CQC-K line, especially the revamped ones in D2 steel.

10. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    D2 cqc-11 or bareknuckle 20cv

11. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I wish I could say the Bareknuckle, but I've disliked both of the ones I've owned.

For me, it's gotta be the Link in M390, despite the fact that it's an assisted knife.

12. GlockMonster30

GlockMonster30

Nov 19, 2008
    I love the Link in all flavors. Great knife

marrenmiller likes this.
  13. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    For me it's the Carbon Fiber Leek with the CPM 154 steel.

Just a pleasure to own/carry/use.

14. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am fond of their old US made Zing. Sandvik 14C steel, non-assisted.

I would choose a new Kershaw based upon those two details:

1. Sandvik steel.
    2. No Assisted opening garbage.

15. Fire Beard

Fire Beard Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2013
    I’m a fan of the Bareknuckle and the copper Natrix. The Skyline is sweet, too. So is the Dividend. And Knockout. A few of their as yet released 2020 models look pretty cool, too. They have a lot of great blades.

16. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Chive, Leek and the Blur . All time greats.

17. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I like the Link - but I have not tried the XL Copper Natrix - I want one of those, as I have enjoyed my OG copper Natrix.

I really liked the Strobe, but my wife liked it better and confiscated it to her knife-bag.

Then there is the excellent Dividend, slimmer and more Leek-like. The Bareknuckle is a good one...I just don't know which to carry when choosing every morning.

Good to have problems like these.

best

mqqn

18. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Link is nice, but bulky for my needs. The Dividend is a good knife for the money. If you want to up the steel you can get S35V, M390 (what I have) and the upcoming composite version with a D2 edge.

The Leek is another good Kershaw.

GeofS likes this.
  19. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Hard to beat the M390 Knockout for 100 bucks.

115Italian and sgt1372 like this.
  20. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Stiff enough to make the blade fly out, that's for sure. But it's not a finger destroyer the way some make it out to be.

I currently have 3 of them. The standard, the Olive/Blackwash, and the Damascus, and all of them have their detents dialed in. One of the cool things about the sub-framelock is that your middle finger can rest right in the cut-out, if need be.

What I'm saying is, if you have the chance to check a Bareknuckle out, gofer it!

stonproject likes this.