Best production Kershaw currently

I’m still a big fan of the Blur. Add a deep carry clip and it’s a great EDC. I carry one often.

The Knockout is also good and has a great blade profile.

Link cuts great but it’s kinda bulky. Solid build though.

Leek is a smaller option and comes in a nice variety. I like it and the Dividend, with the Dividend getting a slight nod due to a more comfortable handle option with the composite version.

I'm gonna have to say the quad 7 Bareknuckle. It's a great looking design, and the KVT bearings make it a great manual flipper.

I've been a sub-framelock fan since KAI introduced it so that's a plus. And the standard model comes in 14C28N, which I've had nothing but positive experience with.

I actually carried my Bareknuckle today, but it was a little dressed up:

For me, it’s gotta be the Leek. It may not be heavy duty, or come in the latest-greatest super duper steel, but it does what it’s designed to do flawlessly. As a smaller, lightweight, unassuming EDC, it’s really tough to beat. It’s like the Mazda Miata of the knife world.

I'm gonna have to say the quad 7 Bareknuckle. It's a great looking design, and the KVT bearings make it a great manual flipper.

I've been a sub-framelock fan since KAI introduced it so that's a plus. And the standard model comes in 14C28N, which I've had nothing but positive experience with.

I actually carried my Bareknuckle today, but it was a little dressed up:

I've read that the detent is pretty stiff on the bareknuckle. Is that accurate in your experience?

Since it was my first "expensive" knife and the only one I carried everyday for a few years until I went down the rabbit hole, I'll have to go with the Leek.

Granted, I haven't bought a Kershaw in 4 or 5 years I still own that Leek and will always cherish it. It's pretty much a safe queen now.

Overall, I’d probably say the Bareknuckle BUT if assisted ain’t a problem, I’d say Dividend.

There are plenty of options available, and don’t overlook their imports either. The Decimus is a really good one as is the CQC-K line, especially the revamped ones in D2 steel.

I wish I could say the Bareknuckle, but I've disliked both of the ones I've owned.

For me, it's gotta be the Link in M390, despite the fact that it's an assisted knife.

Reactions: vba
I am fond of their old US made Zing. Sandvik 14C steel, non-assisted.

I would choose a new Kershaw based upon those two details:

1. Sandvik steel.
2. No Assisted opening garbage.

I’m a fan of the Bareknuckle and the copper Natrix. The Skyline is sweet, too. So is the Dividend. And Knockout. A few of their as yet released 2020 models look pretty cool, too. They have a lot of great blades.

I like the Link - but I have not tried the XL Copper Natrix - I want one of those, as I have enjoyed my OG copper Natrix.

I really liked the Strobe, but my wife liked it better and confiscated it to her knife-bag.

Then there is the excellent Dividend, slimmer and more Leek-like. The Bareknuckle is a good one...I just don't know which to carry when choosing every morning.

Good to have problems like these.

best

mqqn

Link is nice, but bulky for my needs. The Dividend is a good knife for the money. If you want to up the steel you can get S35V, M390 (what I have) and the upcoming composite version with a D2 edge.

The Leek is another good Kershaw.

I've read that the detent is pretty stiff on the bareknuckle. Is that accurate in your experience?

Stiff enough to make the blade fly out, that's for sure. But it's not a finger destroyer the way some make it out to be.

I currently have 3 of them. The standard, the Olive/Blackwash, and the Damascus, and all of them have their detents dialed in. One of the cool things about the sub-framelock is that your middle finger can rest right in the cut-out, if need be.

What I'm saying is, if you have the chance to check a Bareknuckle out, gofer it!

Back