Best/Sharpest double edged razor blade discussion

Everyone's beard is different.

Exactly.

Lot's of people swear by a brand...

Yes, there are. But those people need to realize that the blade/lather/pre-shave/after-shave/procedure that makes them hear angel choirs may work poorly for someone else or even cause them serious problems.

There are some products that are very good and work well for many people. Feather blades are a good example of this. But they're not perfect for everyone either.

One of the joys and benefits -- and initially sometimes a frustration -- of wet shaving is that you can customize it and create a shave that is exactly optimal for you. This usually takes a little exploration.

Don't be afraid to go with the results rather than what "should work". There is a lot of myth in shaving, sometimes it is well founded, sometimes not. Getting a BBS (baby butt smooth) shave is the goal, whatever gets you there is good.

This is good advice.

I get the best shaves with Feathers hands down.

Today's shave was one of the best in a long while. Product matters and I think that Kiss My Face Pomegranate, Shave Secret, Gillette Fatboy set on 8 and then 9 for the second pass, hot water first pass, cold water on the second, followed up by Thayer's cucumber and Barbasol Pacific Rush is perfection for my beard.

I am going to try Lucky Tiger products next but the above combination is going to be hard to beat. BBS results with nary a nick or irritaiton. I don't even feel the Barbasol hitting my pores like I normally do when using other soaps and creams.

I get about four to five days out of one Feather before I have to toss it. I get 100 packs shipped in and they last me quite a while.

Back