Recommendation? Best Sprint Runs?

I've been trying to learn and catch up on past Spyderco models. But what I can't seem to find is any info on sprint runs.

When did they start?

How many are there out there?

What your guys personal favorites?

Are there some harder to find then others?

Last edited:
Hello.

I would look into the catalogues.

Normally 1200 pieces are made per sprint.

This years e.g. Rex45 military, PM2, para 3.

Hello.

I would look into the catalogues.

Normally 1200 pieces are made per sprint.

This years e.g. Rex45 military, PM2, para 3.
Is there somewhere you can look at past catalogues online?

Knifeworks peel ply cf and M4 pm2 is undoubtedly the best. I don't care what trends are happening at the time.

I fluked out and was able to buy the knife works cf ti military used. I love that knife. I've seen M4 PM2's mentioned here before but I need to read up on M4.

Reactions: Mo2
Is there somewhere you can look at past catalogues online?

I fluked out and was able to buy the knife works cf ti military used. I love that knife. I've seen M4 PM2's mentioned here before but I need to read up on M4.

cruwear and M4 are two steels everyone should try. They are not stainless but not really an issue if you keep dry and oil the blade. A little patina never hurt anyone either. I prefer these steels for edge stability. They also have pretty good edge retention and don't chip out as easily as more stainless steels can.

I noticed people buy these sprint run knives to collect and inflation of the prices afterwords... These are made for users imho. Kinda annoying. It also sucks people will pay 3-400 for a pm2 sprint lol.

Last edited:
Rule 1. Sprint run = if you run across one avaliable don’t think, just buy it.

Rule 2. If you don’t follow rule #1, you get to spend lots of time searching all your bookmarks everyday trying to find one at double+ the original asking price. Then, when you find one on the secondary market you might find yourself thanking some stranger for gouging you on the price because you HAD TO HAVE IT.

Iirc, the gray vg10 Calypso Jr was the first release officially called a "sprint," but other limited/low-volume variants existed before it.

Too many good ones to narrow down to just a few. I do really like the gray and black 52100 Mannix 2 tho. Great version and the Hap40 Delica wharncliffe has gotten a bunch of pocket time. Good luck with your research, your wallet is going to hate you

Not sure if you know/care about the dealer exclusives or just wanted to ask specifically about sprint runs only. But I think the blade HQ dealer exclusive is a favorite of mine, DLC, unique scales and awesome M4 steel.

Spyderco-M4-Para-3-Natural-G-10-Black-C223GM4PBK-BHQ-71565-jr-large.jpg

Manix CF Cruwear sprint, and the older bolster Damascus sprint of the caly3 are a couple favorites that come to mind.

I just saw a Spyderco the other night at the knife store and I'm wondering if its a Sprint run?

It's a Alcyone but the handle isn't dyed it's just clear. All the pics I've seen of them have grey handles.

I just saw a Spyderco the other night at the knife store and I'm wondering if its a Sprint run?

It's a Alcyone but the handle isn't dyed it's just clear. All the pics I've seen of them have grey handles.

Sorry to reply to myself but I asked the same question on the Spyderco Forum, and Sal said it's either a knock off or a modification. If I have time I will take another look just to make sure I didn't get it mixed up with another model by accident.

These days guys will offer you immoral acts for Cruwear PM2s and anything Super Blue.

I personally like the VToku series, it performs well, isn’t too expensive and as long as you have half common sense about it the rust isn’t too common.

Wish they would get the Stretch out already!

Back