Recommendation? Best Sprint Runs?

These days guys will offer you immoral acts for Cruwear PM2s and anything Super Blue.

2d0apt0.jpg

I'm listening... :)

Haha, jk.

While the much awaited M4 CF PM2 exclusive is probably my favorite out of the box, the REX45 run has exceeded all my expectations.

Rex45 might go down as one of the most sought after. The edge stability is amazing, but it's the ability to take freaky edges with little effort that really sets it apart from the rest. This is assuming you actually use your knives. Most sprint runs get thrown into a safe and only get taken out for Instagram or inflated sales.

Military Rex45 sprints just got to dealers.

Please don't pay 100$+ more for one and also don't expect to get that same price when you want to sell it. Someone always does this.

I also have been away and I would love to know if Spyderco has done a sprint run or dealer exclusive of the old Navigator like they did for the Meercat?
Any Dragonfly sprint runs?

I also have been away and I would love to know if Spyderco has done a sprint run or dealer exclusive of the old Navigator like they did for the Meercat?
Any Dragonfly sprint runs?
They just did the Dragonfly in V-Toku.

I've been searching for a gray Calypso Jr Super Blue every since I heard about them. I'm on the "email me/notify me" list at several places. They never seem to get any... there are a few on ebay but they are literally double retail... I'm not sure I want one that bad! I'm hoping somebody here knows some obscure online dealer that actually has one or more?!

I've been searching for a gray Calypso Jr Super Blue every since I heard about them. I'm on the "email me/notify me" list at several places. They never seem to get any... there are a few on ebay but they are literally double retail... I'm not sure I want one that bad! I'm hoping somebody here knows some obscure online dealer that actually has one or more?!
I just searched "Calypso Jr Super Blue" and I see them in stock at the second hit. It's my favorite knife store; just got my One Eyed Jack from there.

I did a copy and paste of your search string just to make sure I got it right. Then I clicked on every link on the entire first page. Every one of them said "Out of Stock/Unavailable/Discontinued."

Could you tell us which "knife store" you saw it in? In my search, the second hit was Optics Planet and they are out of stock.

So far my personal favorite Sprint Run is the 2011 Sprint Run of the G-10 handled, C-60 Massad Ayoob model. A distant second to that one is the C-36 Military model with the M390 blade. The M390 Military has become my all time favorite EDC. But if they ever do another Sprint run of the C-60 Ayoob model and use a newer/better blade steel I will be all over it in a nanosecond.

Another one of the very best Sprint Runs of all time in my opinion was the Burgundy Caly Jr. that they introduced ZDP-189 blade steel. The Burgundy Caly Jr. ZDP-189 is truly a long term hall of famer Sprint Run IMO.

The Super Blue models from a few years ago are much beloved, also the KC Manix LW XHP is a really good one.

They weren’t “sprints” technically but there aren’t many Maxamet PM2/P3s out there and no sign that more are coming.

So far my personal favorite Sprint Run is the 2011 Sprint Run of the G-10 handled, C-60 Massad Ayoob model. A distant second to that one is the C-36 Military model with the M390 blade. The M390 Military has become my all time favorite EDC. But if they ever do another Sprint run of the C-60 Ayoob model and use a newer/better blade steel I will be all over it in a nanosecond.

Another one of the very best Sprint Runs of all time in my opinion was the Burgundy Caly Jr. that they introduced ZDP-189 blade steel. The Burgundy Caly Jr. ZDP-189 is truly a long term hall of famer Sprint Run IMO.
The Ayoob is one of my favs. I wish they would re-do it in something other than a back lock

The Ayoob is one of my favs. I wish they would re-do it in something other than a back lock

Well Brother you and I are not alone wanting another Sprint Run of the C-60 Ayoob. I'm wondering what you and others here at BF would think about a C-60 Massad Ayoob in one of the Japanese supersteels like HAP-40 or any other Japan made, high end steel. Also I would like to see the handle/scales just a bit thicker this next go around.

The Ayoob is an older model but when I show it to anyone new to knives I've yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. Well it's been since 2011 since the last Sprint Run of the C-60 and both previous runs of the Ayoob were both done in VG-10 blade steel. Don't really have anything against VG-10 but it just makes perfect sense to try to improve the folder on every Sprint Run>> and on this go-around we just need a new blade steel. I will admit that I do like a G-10 handle on that model. But I most definitely would like to see a C-60 Ayoob in a super blade steel.

Like I said I'm sure there are a lot of guys here on the Spyderco sub-forum that also love that Ayoob model. There are a big group of guys over at the Spyderco.com forum who like it too. We just can't let one that good die on the vine so to speak.

OK so you don't like the "lockback" lock>> what locking system would you recommend if they caved in and did a Sprint Run?

Well Brother you and I are not alone wanting another Sprint Run of the C-60 Ayoob. I'm wondering what you and others here at BF would think about a C-60 Massad Ayoob in one of the Japanese supersteels like HAP-40 or any other Japan made, high end steel. Also I would like to see the handle/scales just a bit thicker this next go around.

The Ayoob is an older model but when I show it to anyone new to knives I've yet to find anyone who doesn't like it. Well it's been since 2011 since the last Sprint Run of the C-60 and both previous runs of the Ayoob were both done in VG-10 blade steel. Don't really have anything against VG-10 but it just makes perfect sense to try to improve the folder on every Sprint Run>> and on this go-around we just need a new blade steel. I will admit that I do like a G-10 handle on that model. But I most definitely would like to see a C-60 Ayoob in a super blade steel.

Like I said I'm sure there are a lot of guys here on the Spyderco sub-forum that also love that Ayoob model. There are a big group of guys over at the Spyderco.com forum who like it too. We just can't let one that good die on the vine so to speak.

OK so you don't like the "lockback" lock>> what locking system would you recommend if they caved in and did a Sprint Run?
Well to be realistic if there was a sprint would still have a back lock so I'd have to live with that. It could be one for Blade HQ do do in their Jade/M4 combo.

If there was a new lock though I'd vote for compression.

Well to be realistic if there was a sprint would still have a back lock so I'd have to live with that. It could be one for Blade HQ do do in their Jade/M4 combo.

If there was a new lock though I'd vote for compression.
That's interesting that you would elect for a compression lock. Because in my wildest fantasies I would love to see the C-60 Ayoob with a ball bearing type lock similar to the one they did the Dodo model with. For some strange reason I feel that a ball bearing lock would really go good with the C-60 model.

Hey if we could get one in M-4 I would be the last one to object to that combination. Even if they used the same locking system I bet an Ayoob model with an M-4 blade would just be awesome. I could tell you what my next EDC would be. I'm currently EDCing an M390 Military but I would put it into retirement immediately if I could get an Ayoob model in that caliber of blade steel.

That's interesting that you would elect for a compression lock. Because in my wildest fantasies I would love to see the C-60 Ayoob with a ball bearing type lock similar to the one they did the Dodo model with. For some strange reason I feel that a ball bearing lock would really go good with the C-60 model.

Hey if we could get one in M-4 I would be the last one to object to that combination. Even if they used the same locking system I bet an Ayoob model with an M-4 blade would just be awesome. I could tell you what my next EDC would be. I'm currently EDCing an M390 Military but I would put it into retirement immediately if I could get an Ayoob model in that caliber of blade steel.

The ball bearing lock would be pretty good too. I find the back lock makes it a bit sluggish to open so that's why I'm not a fan.

Back