Beverages and Axes, Hatchets and Hawks

20170822_211246.jpg put an edge on this surplus hatchet,what a spark shower on the belt sander.grain belt premium the only thing I like about minnesota

:p

v4kY5oz.jpg

We vacationed in Germany back in 2008, Munchen - Oktoberfest, to the Bavarian Alps to Dachau, pre-children...
I fell hard for Spaten and have been searching for Lowenbrau here in CT recently with no luck!

Today's revisit to these two handles for reshaping work is capped and continued with a Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon tonight.
I like to drink my wine from this canning jar when out in the garage...it drives my wife nuts so I know I must be doing something right.

Xh33PyT.jpg

I wish I had a Dunkel straight from Munchen now

The Flint Edge doesn't have near the value of a Black Raven today. The old catalogs had them at the same cost. They're probably the same steel.

I kept this one over a really sweet Perfect (which I flipped). It's almost unused and on its original handle. I've always loved western pattern double bits. The long toes do it for me.:D

The edge angle is 25 degrees at the very edge rolling to 22.5 degrees 1/4" from the edge. That's just how I file my choppers. This one is in my to-do pile for the time being.

This is the hardest thing that I drink. I've never had a beer.

p2jegUSh.jpg

I like everything on and the bench itself.
I am interested to know what you do/use the vise on the right for?

That's knot your axe man :D
Great handle! Must be great to bring that out for new guests:thumbsup:

I like everything on and the bench itself.
I am interested to know what you do/use the vise on the right for?

That's knot your axe man :D
Great handle! Must be great to bring that out for new guests:thumbsup:

I use it to hold wood longbows when I'm building them. It clamps vertically instead of horizontal like a normal bench vise. It also works great for axe/hatchet handle work. A friend made that for me. He makes a larger version and sells them. I requested the smaller size and find it much more useful for what I do.

Back