1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beverages and Axes, Hatchets and Hawks

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by rockman0, Jul 15, 2017.

1. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    20170822_211246.jpg put an edge on this surplus hatchet,what a spark shower on the belt sander.grain belt premium the only thing I like about minnesota

2. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
  3. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
  4. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    This is just a beautiful axe.
    I always find myself hanging a little longer on your picture here when I come check out this thread.
    I don't have a DB of any kind yet but on the look out with my ear to the ground.

Agent_H and rockman0 like this.
  5. Park Swan

Park Swan

Mar 15, 2016
    :p

[​IMG]

6. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    We vacationed in Germany back in 2008, Munchen - Oktoberfest, to the Bavarian Alps to Dachau, pre-children...
    I fell hard for Spaten and have been searching for Lowenbrau here in CT recently with no luck!

Today's revisit to these two handles for reshaping work is capped and continued with a Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon tonight.
    I like to drink my wine from this canning jar when out in the garage...it drives my wife nuts so I know I must be doing something right.

[​IMG]

I wish I had a Dunkel straight from Munchen now

7. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    This was bare steel that I put black walnut juice on a while back,can't remember which one of yall posted about it but thanks . 20171016_182616.jpg

8. bud white

bud white

May 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

9. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Hang it or flip it, 2.5lb cedar pattern. I've had it several months and can't make up my mind, surely more beer will help me make the decision.
    [​IMG]

10. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Sadly I don't have the right axe to go with this beer.

[​IMG]

11. quinton

quinton

Nov 4, 2006
    Equally, or more so valuable, though.:)

Miller '72 likes this.
  12. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    depends, sometimes they're 190, sometimes they're over 2000

quinton likes this.
  13. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    Did they cost the same when new?Both look delicious,is that the original paint?

14. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    The Flint Edge doesn't have near the value of a Black Raven today. The old catalogs had them at the same cost. They're probably the same steel.

I kept this one over a really sweet Perfect (which I flipped). It's almost unused and on its original handle. I've always loved western pattern double bits. The long toes do it for me.:D

The edge angle is 25 degrees at the very edge rolling to 22.5 degrees 1/4" from the edge. That's just how I file my choppers. This one is in my to-do pile for the time being.

crbnSteeladdict likes this.
  15. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    One, more reason to visit Olympic National Park

Miller '72 likes this.
  16. osage outlaw

osage outlaw

Feb 21, 2015
    This is the hardest thing that I drink. I've never had a beer.

[​IMG]

17. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    I like everything on and the bench itself.
    I am interested to know what you do/use the vise on the right for?

That's knot your axe man :D
    Great handle! Must be great to bring that out for new guests:thumbsup:

18. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    That axe is Hole new ball game :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  19. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    delete

20. osage outlaw

osage outlaw

Feb 21, 2015

I use it to hold wood longbows when I'm building them. It clamps vertically instead of horizontal like a normal bench vise. It also works great for axe/hatchet handle work. A friend made that for me. He makes a larger version and sells them. I requested the smaller size and find it much more useful for what I do.

Jasper33 and Miller '72 like this.